This will act as a guide and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll Director
- You will have ownership of a separate P&L with an expectation that there will be incremental margin improvement year-on-year.
- Set the strategy for and manage multi-cycle, multi-national payrolls in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Recommend and implement changes to operating procedures regarding workflow and scheduling to meet productivity and quality standards.
- Establish and maintain payroll guidelines through written policies and procedures.
- Develop strong business relationships with vendors, auditors, Accounting, Tax, Benefits, Treasury, and HR to ensure efficient and well-controlled work processes and the safeguarding of confidential payroll information.
- Coordination and execution of accurate payroll processing and reporting for Global Mobility personnel.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the department and at all levels of management.
- Coach, mentor, and provide professional development for the payroll team.
Below is a list of key qualifications we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll Director:
- CIPP Qualification.
- Advanced knowledge data analysis tools such as VLOOKUPS.
- Experience with managing a team and instituting change and continuous improvement plans.