This will act as a guide, and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll Workday Consultant
Payroll Workday Consultant
As a Payroll Workday Consultant, you will be responsible for providing expertise in the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of the Workday payroll software. Your primary objective will be to deliver efficient and accurate payroll solutions, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and optimizing processes. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including HR, finance, and IT, to analyse requirements, develop functional specifications, and provide high-quality solutions. This role requires a deep understanding of payroll processes, Workday payroll software, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements and understand payroll processes.
- Analyse and evaluate existing payroll systems and processes to identify areas for improvement.
- Configure and customize the Workday payroll software to align with business requirements.
- Develop and implement payroll policies, procedures, and controls to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Conduct system testing, identify issues, and recommend appropriate solutions or enhancements.
- Provide end-user training and support during the implementation and post-implementation phases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve payroll-related issues, investigating root causes and implementing preventive measures.
- Stay updated with Workday payroll software functionality, new releases, and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate Workday payroll with other modules, such as HR, finance, and time management.
- Participate in payroll-related projects, including system upgrades, enhancements, and migrations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Payroll Workday Consultant or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of Workday payroll software, including configuration, workflows, and business rules.
- Strong understanding of payroll processes, tax regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Proficient in Workday configuration tools, such as pay policies, pay codes, and earnings/deductions setup.
- Experience in implementing and supporting Workday payroll solutions, including end-to-end project lifecycle.
- Ability to analyse complex payroll requirements and design appropriate solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, analyse, and resolve system issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Workday payroll certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of other Workday modules, such as HR and benefits, is a plus.
- Familiarity with integration between Workday payroll and external systems, such as time and attendance, is advantageous.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.