This will act as a guide, and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll & Reward Administrator
Payroll & Reward Administrator
As a Payroll & Reward Administrator, you will be responsible for managing payroll processing and administering employee rewards programs within our organization. Your primary focus will be on accurately and efficiently processing payroll, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, and administering employee benefits and rewards programs. This role requires a meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a thorough understanding of payroll processes and reward management.
- Process end-to-end payroll for employees, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payments.
- Maintain payroll records, including new hires, terminations, salary changes, and deductions.
- Calculate and process payroll-related taxes, benefits, and other deductions.
- Prepare and distribute employee payslips and annual tax statements.
- Stay updated with payroll regulations, tax laws, and compliance requirements to ensure accurate payroll processing.
- Administer employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other reward initiatives.
- Communicate with employees regarding payroll-related inquiries, benefits enrollment, and changes.
- Collaborate with the HR team to ensure accurate employee data in payroll and benefits systems.
- Process and reconcile payroll-related reports, such as monthly payroll summaries, tax filings, and benefits contributions.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of statutory reports and filings related to payroll and employee benefits.
- Support the implementation and integration of payroll and reward systems or software.
- Collaborate with external vendors, such as benefits providers and payroll service providers, to resolve issues and ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure compliance with data protection and confidentiality policies in handling sensitive employee information.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and emerging trends in payroll and reward management.
- Provide general administrative support to the HR team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Payroll Administrator, Compensation & Benefits Administrator, or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of payroll processes, tax regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in using payroll software or systems for end-to-end payroll processing.
- Familiarity with reward management principles and employee benefits programs.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in processing payroll and administering rewards.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple payroll cycles and deadlines.
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws, regulations, and data protection requirements.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications, particularly Excel, for data analysis and reporting.
- Experience with HRIS systems and payroll software, such as ADP, Workday, or SAP, is advantageous.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve payroll-related issues.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with changes in payroll and reward management practices.