This will act as a guide and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Client Payroll Administrator:
- Processing end to end client payroll in a busy team.
- Manage your own portfolio of complex clients.
- Statutory payments – Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, PAYE and National Insurance etc.
- Processing of Year-End procedures.
- Provide 1st line support for payroll queries.
- Liaise with HMRC when required.
- Process Tax Code changes.
- Manual calculations.
- Experience using Excel for data input / management.
- Producing reports.
- Assist with any ad-hoc duties as required by the department.
- Maintain GDPR compliance in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Below is a list of key qualifications we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Client Payroll Administrator:
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a busy payroll function.
- Grade C and above at GCSE English & Maths.
- Ability to work on own initiative, working within a team and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task.