Celebrating a Career in Payroll: with Kate Upcraft #75
Probably the UK’s most prominent payroll expert, Kate Upcraft of Kateupcraft.com has decided to retire on 31st March 2022.
Kate spent 20 years plus at M&S latterly as Legislation Manager for the payroll function, where she supported a payroll of over 65,000 employees. Since then Kat has gone on to forge a hugely successful career Managing, coaching, and mentoring others in the world of payroll.
Kate has created Policy and Research Functions and she had also been actively involved in high-level government lobbying to benefit and improve the payroll profession.
Recently, Kate was the recipient of the ‘Accounting Excellence Award’ for her outstanding contributions to the world of payroll awarded by the AccountingWeb. Kate was also bestowed with the “Payroll Consultant of the Year Award” from the Global Payroll Association (GPA).
Kate is a renowned payroll character, influencer, speaker, lecturer, technical writer, consultant and in my view, just a great personality who has given everything to the profession and will leave a big hole in the payroll community when she finally hangs up her payroll boots at the end of March.
- What the word payroll means to KAte
- How Kate began her payroll career
- How Kate has seen the industry change
- What excited and frustrated Kate about payroll
- Kate’s greatest achievements and memories
- What will Kate miss the most?
- Why retire now?
- Kate’s greatest learning outcomes that she has discovered along the way?
- The guiding principle and behaviour Kate has seen in every great leader she has worked with.
- What does the future of payroll look like?
- What’s next for Kate Upcraft?
“This is one payroll podcast every payroll professional should listen to!” – Nick Day
Useful Payroll Podcast Show Notes Links:
- Kate’s website: https://kateupcraft.com/.
- Connect with Kate Upcraft: Kate Upcraft Linkedin Profile
- Connect with The Payroll Podcast Host, Nick Day: Nick Day LinkedIn Profile
- Payroll Recruitment Specialists: www.jgarecruitment.com
- Check out the “My Payroll Career Song” Written, Created, and Produced by Nick Day: My Payroll Career
- Check out my other Podcast show, focused on HR, L&D and Leadership Principles: The HR L&D Podcast
- Check out the UKs most advanced payroll salary benchmarking tool – created by JGA Recruitment: Payroll Salary Benchmarking Tool
The Payroll Podcast was the first payroll-specific podcast produced exclusively for the UK and broader global payroll communities.
Nick Day meets payroll experts to discuss complex payroll issues, International payroll legislation, technology, systems, processes, and compliance. My aim is to support the payroll industry and the hardworking payroll professionals within it to prepare and embrace the future of payroll.
We live in a competitive world with dynamic workforces. Let’s develop strategies together to raise the profile of payroll worldwide forever!
If you want to be on the show, or if you need support with a payroll recruitment requirement, please do reach out to me. Tel: 01727 800 377 | Email [email protected]
If you wish to get involved with The Payroll Podcast or indeed if you would like to suggest a topic or tell us what you think about it, then please email me at [email protected] – I would love to hear from you! You can also Tweet us with your comments!
Thanks for listening!