David is a sought after keynote speaker, consultant, and trainer and in this podcast, he examines how organisations can improve their leadership and culture, combat burnout, and design meaningful work. David combines decades of leadership experience with the latest psychological research to help you discover how you can prevent burnout to attract, retain, and motivate top talent.
David holds his bachelor’s in human resource management from Colorado State University and his master’s in industrial/organizational psychology from the University of Maryland – College Park. He is a current doctoral candidate in business psychology at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology where he is studying the interaction between meaningful work and burnout.
David is NOT your typical academic – as a scientist/practitioner translator, David makes leadership theory & business psychology accessible, implementable, and fun through the use of humor, stories, and ‘real-world’ examples.
In this “Employee Burnout & Performance Management” episode with David Shar on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- Employee burnout – what is it? What causes it? How can an organization fix it?
- How do I know if my company has a burnout problem?
- If I discover that my employees are burned out, what is the first thing step I can take to fix it?
- How are people supposed to find meaning in their work? What if I have a mundane job?
- How did you get into this line of work and where did you develop a passion for work?
- What long-term effects will COVID-19 have on the world of work?
- Why is diversity useless without inclusion?
- What have been your findings from studying the interaction between meaningful work and burnout?
- Where can we find out more about you David?
Links highlighted in this episode are included below:
- Website: https://www.illuminatepmc.com/
- LinkedIn Profile: David Shar
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon