Payroll Requires Trust. Examining the Speed of Trust with Stephen M. R. Covey #56
Stephen M. R. Covey is the New York Times and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of “The Speed of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything”, which has been translated into 22 languages and has sold over 2 million copies worldwide. Its foreword has been written by Stpehen R. Covey, the Author of the bestselling book “The 7 Habits of HIghly Effective People”.
He is also the co-author of the #1 Amazon bestseller Smart Trust.
Stephen brings to his writings the perspective of a practitioner, as he is the former President & CEO of the Covey Leadership Center, where he increased shareholder value by 67 times (from £2.4 million to £160 million) and grew the company to become the largest leadership development firm in the world.
A Harvard MBA, Stephen co-founded and currently leads FranklinCovey’s Global Speed of Trust Practice.
He serves on numerous boards, including the Government Leadership Advisory Council, and he has been recognized with the lifetime Achievement Award for “Top Thought Leaders in Trust” from the advocacy group, Trust Across America/Trust Around the World.
Stephen is a highly sought-after international speaker, who has taught trust and leadership in 55 countries to business, government, military, education, healthcare, and NGO entities.
In this “Payroll Requires Trust. Examining the Speed of Trust” episode with Stephen M. R. Covey on The Payroll Podcast, questions asked include:
- Developing trust is going to be the key subject for today’s podcast and I think it is especially relevant for those working in senior leadership related positions right now as organisations strive to maintain engagement, relevancy and stay ahead of the digital curve. So with this in mind, Stephen, I would love to know this – is trust a learnable skill?
- You say in your book that “Trust is a hard-edged, economic driver” – what do you mean by this?
- What initiatives do you see trust impacting Trust the most?
- So, in your view, Is trust earned or is trust given?
- You say in your book that “Trust is the new currency of our interdependent, collaborative world” – with this in mind, is it possible then to restore trust when it has been lost?
- You have a chapter in the book which talks about how “Families are organisations too” – I love this concept. Can you bring this concept to life for our listeners?
- Right now as many businesses evolve to working from home models of management, which requires trust for them to work optimally, what are the four questions you like to ask organisations that you state in your book, often result in “A-Ha” moments as a result!
- Where is leadership going?
- What’s the next “big thing?” in the world of Trust and Leadership?
Links highlighted in this “Payroll Requires Trust. Examining the Speed of Trust” episode are included below:
- Website: https://www.franklincovey.com/
- Speed of Trust Audio Book
- Get the Book – The Speed of Trust
- LinkedIn Profile: Stephen M. R. Covey
- Twitter Profile: Stephen M. R. Covey
- Nick Day, Host of The Payroll Podcast LinkedIn Profile
- JGA Payroll Recruitment: Leading Payroll Recruiters
- The Payroll Podcast on Apple Podcasts: iTunes
- Payroll Podcast Previous Episodes
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon