This will act as a guide and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll Assistant:
- Full range of payroll duties including annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly payrolls.
- Process Real Time Information (RTI) submissions to HMRC as required.
- End of Year processing and reconciliations including end of year RTI submissions and issue of P60s.
- To follow and help develop processes for the delivery of payroll work.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Provide 1st line support for payroll queries.
- Process Tax Code changes.
Below is a list of key qualifications we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll Assistant:
- 1-2 years experience working in a busy payroll function.
- Grade C and above at GCSE English & Maths.
- Ability to work on own initiative, working within a team and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong team player who is willing to actively work across the team, adopting a can-do and flexible attitude.