This will act as a guide, and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for an HRIS Systems Specialist
HRIS Systems Specialist
As an HRIS Systems Specialist, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) within our organization. Your primary focus will be on ensuring the smooth operation of the HRIS, maintaining accurate employee data, and providing technical support to HR and other stakeholders. This role requires a strong understanding of HRIS systems, data management, and analytical skills to support HR functions and facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the HRIS, including system configuration, data integrity, and troubleshooting.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date employee data within the HRIS, including personal information, job details, compensation, benefits, and performance records.
- Develop and maintain HRIS processes, procedures, and documentation to ensure efficient and consistent system usage.
- Collaborate with HR stakeholders to understand system requirements and develop solutions to meet their needs.
- Provide technical support and training to HR users, ensuring they can effectively navigate and utilize the HRIS.
- Coordinate with the IT department or external vendors for system upgrades, patches, and integrations.
- Analyse HR data and generate reports, metrics, and dashboards to support HR analytics and data-driven decision-making.
- Develop and deliver HRIS training programs to ensure users are proficient in system functionalities and best practices.
- Stay updated with industry trends and emerging technologies in HRIS systems and propose system enhancements or process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and maintain data security and confidentiality standards within the HRIS.
- Collaborate with HR and other stakeholders to streamline HR processes and data integration with other systems.
- Participate in HR projects related to system implementations, process improvements, and automation initiatives.
- Serve as a point of contact for HRIS-related inquiries and provide timely resolution or escalate issues as necessary.
- Conduct regular audits and data checks to identify and resolve data inconsistencies or errors within the HRIS.
- Collaborate with HR and finance teams for data analysis, budgeting, and forecasting requirements.
- Proven experience as an HRIS Systems Specialist or similar role, with expertise in managing and optimizing HRIS systems.
- In-depth knowledge of HR processes and data management principles.
- Strong understanding of HRIS functionalities, data structures, and system configurations.
- Proficiency in using HRIS platforms, such as Workday, SAP SuccessFactors, Oracle HCM, or similar systems.
- Experience in HRIS implementation, upgrades, and integrations.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate HR data into meaningful insights and reports.
- Proficient in using data analysis and reporting tools, such as Excel, Tableau, or other HR analytics platforms.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations and confidentiality requirements in handling HR data.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot system issues and provide user support.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in managing HRIS data and configurations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with HRIS trends and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Information Systems, or a related field is advantageous.