Linguistic Inclusion – Show Up, Speak Up and Take Action! with Heather Hansen #74
In the episode, Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Global Communication Consultant, TEDx Speaker, Trainer and Author Heather Hansen!
Heather helps top global leaders show up, speak up, and inspire action in today’s rapidly changing world.
Heather’s passion is focused on fostering unmuted communication cultures where every voice is heard, resulting in greater inclusion, innovation and efficiency across remote and global teams. Something we are equally passionate about here on the HR L&D Podcast!
Heather is the Founder and Managing Director of Global Speech Academy, a communication training and consulting firm headquartered in Singapore, and she is on a mission!
Her mission is to empower global voices to contribute to conversations that matter – in business, politics, and life. She believes that it is only through conscious, confident, and connected communication that we can achieve our collective potential and peacefully solve the world’s greatest challenges.
Heather is an outspoken advocate for global voices and linguistic inclusion, as demonstrated by her popular 2018 TEDx talk titled “2 Billion Voices: How to speak bad English perfectly,” – which is why Nick was excited to invite Heather to the show!
We also discuss Heather’s latest book: Unmuted: How to Show Up, Speak Up, and Inspire Action. And we will delve more into that a little bit later on in the show.
In this “Linguistic Inclusion – Show Up, Speak Up and Take Action!” episode with Heather Hansen on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words Human Resources mean to you?
- What is the top Secret you can share to help businesses and leaders to achieve Successful Global Communication?
- What is the relationship between Linguistic Diversity and Inclusion?
- What is the best way to develop UNMUTED leaders and organizations?
- How do accents impact hiring decisions, leadership progression and bias in humans and AI?
- Why is communication not a skills problem?
- How does communication influence company culture?
- Why do CEOs and C Suite Leaders need to encourage cultures of open listening?
- How can we listen with Empathy and Press Mute once in a while?
- Tell us about your book Unmuted: How to Show Up, Speak Up, and Inspire Action?
Links highlighted in this “Linguistic Inclusion – Show Up, Speak Up and Take Action!” episode are included below:
- Website: https://heatherhansen.com/
- Heather Bio: https://www.podfol.io/cast/heather-hansen
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hansenheather/
- Book: Unmuted: How to Show Up, Speak Up, and Inspire Action
- Heather Hansen YouTube: https://youtu.be/9dum2Z4B3js
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support – please also get in touch with me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!