“Holistic Learning with Open Source Technology for L&D and HR Professionals” with Lars Hyland. In this episode of the HR L&D Podcast, we sit down with Lars Hyland – Chief Learning Officer at Totara Learning to explore his deep knowledge of learning technology in all its forms to learn more about how L&D Professionals can harness this technology to deliver effective and engaging learning experiences, both in the workplace and in education.
Lars possesses over 27 years of experience in the design and implementation of large-scale holistic learning programmes and performance improvement solutions. Lars has worked with a wide range of international organisations including Sky, Tesco, Nestle, Amex and McDonald’s to name just a few!
In 2015 Lars took over as Chief Commercial Officer at Totara and was responsible for developing Totara’s Partner Network and Worldwide Subscribers. He’s now working as the Chief Learning Officer responsible for the overall success of Totara’s business operations in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
In this “Holistic Learning with Open Source Technology for L&D and HR Professionals” episode of the HR L&D Podcast we learn:
- What is Holistic Learning in the context of Open Source Technology and why this could be key for L&D professionals
- How L&D teams can ensure they are always ahead of the curve when it comes to change
- The key factors that have driven L&D forwards to where it is today?
- Who are Totara and how does the platform help L&D teams adapt to change
- How does Totara provide such a holistic learning environment?
- Why did Totara decide to develop a collaborative model that supports a global partner network?
- How are the demands of commercial organisations similar to those within Higher Education?
- What are the main holistic learning priorities L&D Team should be focused on?
- Why all L&D professionals should embrace open source technology!
- The key piece of advice Lars would give to someone embarking on a career in learning and development?
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Soundcloud | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
To check out the links featured in this Holistic Learning & Open Source Technology episode of the HR L&D podcast:
- To view the Totara Case Studies, please visit: https://www.totaralms.com/case-studies
- Click the link to find out more about Think Learning
- Click the link to find out more about Totara Learn
- Click the link find out more about JGA HR Recruitment Services
This HR L&D Podcast is sponsored by Think Learning who empower organisations to create safer and better places to work through the implementation of Totara Learn, a fully featured Learning Management System. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more (please quote the HR L&D Podcast when you make contact)
The HR L&D Podcast that requires your support for it to survive. It is a niche podcast created for a specialist audience, so if you like the show, please subscribe to it, review it and share it with as many of your HR or L&D colleagues as possible.
If you wish to get involved with HR L&D Podcast or indeed if you would like to suggest a topic or tell us what you think about it, please get in touch!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
In the meantime, if you have any HR or L&D recruitment requirements that JGA HR Recruitment Services can assist with, please do reach out to me at Nick@jgarecruitment.com. We are specialist HR recruiters with over 100 years of expert HR recruitment expertise. Quote “The HR L&D Podcast” to receive a 20% discount on all Terms of business.
You can also download free HR whitepapers and a wealth of HR articles on our website. Find out more by visiting us at jgarecruitment.com.
Contact us today to find out more.
Tel: 01727 800 377.