This will act as a guide, and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Global Mobility Specialist
Global Mobility Specialist
As a Global Mobility Specialist, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the global mobility programs and assignments within our organization. Your primary focus will be on facilitating smooth employee relocations, ensuring compliance with immigration and tax regulations, and providing support to internationally mobile employees. This role requires strong knowledge of global mobility policies, excellent communication skills, and the ability to navigate complex international regulations.
- Manage and coordinate the end-to-end process of global mobility assignments, including relocation, immigration, tax, and compliance.
- Provide guidance and support to employees and managers regarding global mobility policies, processes, and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with immigration laws and regulations in collaboration with external legal counsel or immigration specialists.
- Coordinate and manage work permit and visa applications for international assignments, including supporting documentation and compliance checks.
- Collaborate with HR, payroll, and finance teams to ensure accurate and timely processing of international assignments, including compensation and benefits.
- Provide advice and guidance on international tax obligations and ensure compliance with tax regulations for globally mobile employees.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors, such as relocation providers, immigration firms, and tax consultants.
- Conduct briefings and trainings for employees and managers on global mobility policies, processes, and cultural considerations.
- Support employees and their families during the relocation process, providing assistance with housing, schooling, healthcare, and other relocation-related matters.
- Assist in developing and updating global mobility policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure alignment with business objectives and compliance with regulations.
- Stay updated with immigration laws, tax regulations, and cultural considerations in various countries to provide accurate advice and support.
- Maintain accurate and confidential employee records related to global mobility assignments.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a seamless employee experience throughout the global mobility process.
- Provide guidance and support for repatriation processes and career development for employees returning from international assignments.
- Assist in other HR-related projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Proven experience as a Global Mobility Specialist or in a similar role, managing global mobility programs and assignments.
- In-depth knowledge of global mobility policies, immigration laws, tax regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Strong understanding of international assignment processes, including work permits, visas, and relocation logistics.
- Familiarity with international tax considerations and their impact on globally mobile employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with employees, managers, and external vendors.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to handle multiple assignments and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to navigate complex international regulations and work with external legal counsel or immigration specialists.
- Experience in coordinating and managing relocation services, including housing, schooling, and healthcare arrangements.
- Proficiency in using HRIS systems and other relevant HR tools.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- High degree of cultural sensitivity and awareness of cultural considerations in global assignments.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills to address complex global mobility challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business administration, international relations, or a related field is advantageous.
- Knowledge of international assignment compensation and benefits is preferred.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with changes in global mobility regulations and best practices.