The Payroll Billionaire: Philanthropy, Philanthropy, Baha’i Faith & Unifying Society with Steve Sarowitz #043
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast sofa by payroll billionaire and philanthropist, Steve Sarowitz. Steve is Founder and Chairman of Paylocity (Nasdaq: PCTY), a leading U.S. provider of payroll and HR solutions and he also serves as CEO of Blue Marble, an international payroll provider, and as Director of Payescape, a UK payroll provider.
Steve is also an international philanthropist who plans to give away over £1billion to charitable causes during his lifetime. Steve has a passionate interest in promoting unity and universal education and advocating for the elimination of racism, sexism, nationalism and religious prejudice.
Steve and his wife have a family foundation which supports over 50 worthy causes worldwide, including programs helping orphans, foster children, refugees and many other people in need.
Steve has a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the University of Illinois. He is an avid runner, a member of the Chicago Area Runners Association Hall of Fame and a 3-time winner of the MSE Division of the Chicago Chase Corporate Challenge.
In 2015, Steve became a member of the Baha’I faith. Bahá’ís believe the crucial need facing humanity is to find a unifying vision of the future of society and of the nature and purpose of life. Such a vision unfolds in the writings of Bahá’u’lláh. Since becoming a Baha’I, Steve has produced ‘The Gate’, a ground-breaking film documentary about the founding of the Baha’i Faith that was named the ‘Best Religious Documentary of 2018’.
Steve helped fund and promote the documentaries He Named Me Malala and Rosenwald and served as Executive Producer for the Peabody award-winning documentary Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise. Steve is also a partner in Wayfarer Studios, which just announced the purchase of their first movie Clouds by Walt Disney.
Steve lives in Highland Park, Illinois with his wife, 2 children, 2 dogs and a turtle named Duchess. When he is not working or doing philanthropy, you can often find him guiding at the Baha’i Temple in nearby Wilmette, Illinois.
“Let your vision be world embracing…” — Bahá’u’lláh
In this “The Payroll Billionaire” episode of The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- How did Steve begin his entrepreneurial journey in payroll that led him to become a billionaire?
- What made you invest in Payescape in the UK?
- How is payroll different in the USA and the UK?
- What advice would Steve give to young payroll entrepreneurs?
- What lessons can we learn from the COVID-19 crisis?
- How has the Coronavirus pandemic affected businesses?
- The true net worth of any individual is not to be found in their bank account but in what they have done to contribute to the betterment of humanity. We find out why…
- How and why Steve plans to give $1 billion away to charity during his lifetime
- What drives the amazing philanthropic work Steve and his family have done to support others?
- In 2015, Steve became a Baha’i – which is, a religion whose central tenet is love and unity. We find out more…
- A Baha’i story we can all learn from – featuring Queen Victoria!
- Why Steve is now co-financing Disney+’s first feature acquisition, Clouds, which is about 17-year old Zach Sobiech, who before dying of rare bone cancer in May 2013, formed the band A Firm Handshake and recorded the hit single “Clouds”.
- Why we should all take care of our own spiritual wellness.
- Steve’s views on the future for the world of global payroll industry?
- Why we need strong global governance to improve the way we work together.
We hope you enjoy this “The Payroll Billionaire“ episode of The Payroll Podcast! If you know anyone else who works in payroll, then please, share this episode with your friends and get them to subscribe today!
Links highlighted in this “The Payroll Billionaire” episode are below:
- To find out more about Payescape: payescape.com
- To find out more about Blue Marble: bluemarblepayroll.com
- To find out more about Paylocity: paylocity.com
- Clouds Movie – Disney Movie Premier
- PAYEscape acquires API Payroll Solution, Payrun.io
- Non-Profits Philanthropy – Steve Sarowitz Chicago Business Article
- How Billionaires are reacting to the Coronavirus Pandemic Article
- Find out more about The Bahá’í Faith: https://www.bahai.org/
- To find out more about JGA Payroll Recruitment Services, please visit: jgarecruitment.com
- To contact the host, Nick Day, please email: email@example.com / 01727 800 377
Thanks for Listening!
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!