Why Payroll ‘Employment Taxes’ Rule the World with Justine Riccomini #109
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast by Justine Riccomini, Head of Tax (Employment and devolved taxes) at ICAS, where her role involves studying and analysing employment law and tax legislation and attending meetings with bodies including the HMRC, HM Treasury, BEIS, DWP, Revenue Scotland, Scottish Government, Scottish Parliament and more!
Justine is responsible for responding to consultation documents and writing articles associated with Payroll, Taxation and legislation. Within her writing, you often find Justine critically analysing Government policy and process.
As well as running the Devolved Taxes and Employment Taxes Committees which both report to the ICAS Tax Board, Justine also sits on the Scottish Taxes Policy Forum, on the West Yorkshire Women in Tax steering committee, and she was the policy lead at West Yorkshire CIPD Committee, Branch Chair for Scotland/Manchester IFA and an expert panellist for the AAT payroll & pensions panel.
Justine also co-chairs the Employment & Payroll Group (EPG), NMW Forum, Employment Status & Intermediaries Forum (formerly IR35 Forum) and the Construction Forum with HMRC/BEIS.
Justine is also a Board Member of The Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) · where she works hard to try and make the Institute the best it can be for its members and the payroll profession!
Justine has also authored payroll and articles for all the major payroll publications, and she has even given evidence at the Scottish Parliament and the House of Lords!
In this “Why Payroll ‘Employment Taxes’ Rule the World” episode with Justine Riccomini on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word payroll mean to you?
- Why is ‘employment taxes’ such an important subject?
- When people say: “Employment Taxes – that’s just payroll, isn’t it?”
- Why do so many people outside the payroll industry misunderstand the industry?
- PAYE was introduced in 1944. Has it stood the test of time?
- What was the Office of Tax Simplification asked to do to align back in 2015:
- Why did the Government abandon the idea of merging income tax and NICs?
- What are the main sticking points or thorny issues currently in employment taxes?
- What does the future hold for employment taxes?
Links highlighted in this “Protecting Financial Wellbeing for the Workforce” episode are included below:
- Website: https://www.icas.com
- Email: [email protected]
- LitterfreeSB: https://www.litterfreesb.org.uk
- Justine’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinericcomini/
- ‘My Payroll Career’ Song: https://jgarecruitment.com/payroll-song/
- Nick Day LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickday/
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not ask your HR Team to check out our other show The HR L&D Podcast?
Remember, if you are a #Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy requiring specialist payroll recruitment support, please get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what an excellent payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach me directly at [email protected] or call 01727 800377
Find out more at: www.jgarecruitment.com.
Thanks for listening! I hope you enjoyed this episode of The Payroll Podcast, and I look forward to bringing you the next episode soon!