An experienced Board level executive, with 20 years of experience delivering large-scale transformations, Abigail is a skilled strategic and customer and commercially focused leader who is currently responsible for leading Zellis operations across the UK, Ireland, and India to support over five million colleagues every month with HR and payroll services.
This episode is focused on the recent statement made by Chancellor, Rishi Sunak which announced an NI and tax rise, which will take effect from July – but is the payroll industry ready to manage these changes now?
For those tuning in who are unfamiliar, in the Chancellor’s recent spring statement, Rishi Sunak announced that billions of pounds will be put back into the pockets of hard-working people with his unveiling of a new Tax Plan to ease the rising cost of living and to deliver the biggest cut to personal taxes in a quarter of a century.
Although these tax cuts will benefit 30 million UK workers through rise in National Insurance thresholds, which will see the typical employee over £330 in the year, these changes will not impact the typical employee until July.
However, Zellis believe the payroll industry is ready to implement these changes now! You may have even read John Petter’s recent letter published in the Financial Times that urges the Chancellor to act now. If you did, not do worry as Nick asks all these questions to Abigail for her thoughts on the Spring statement!
In this “The Payroll industry is Ready Now with Payroll Industry COO, Abigail Vaughan on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What was payroll industry was expecting in Rishi Sunak’s Spring statement?
- What part of the statement surprised you?
- Could the Chancellor could have been more ambitious on the timing?
- How hard is it to amend payroll software when legislation changes?
- How much notice do you ‘usually’ get?
- What will the delay mean to the average worker?
- How does this compare the changes required for COVID and Furlough?
- What happens next think?
- Will employees now have to wait until July for this benefit?
- Can you tell us more about Zellis?
Links highlighted in this “The Payroll industry is Ready Now with Payroll Industry COO, Abigail Vaughan” episode are included below:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abigail-vaughan-731642/
- Zellis website: https://www.zellis.com/
- John Petter Article in the FT: Letter: A payroll industry boss urges the chancellor to act
- The host of The Payroll Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
Of course, if you are a Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!