With Payroll Careers elevating to Board Level and with many women working in payroll keen to advance into leadership roles, we thought this was a perfect opportunity to celebrate the impactful women working in payroll on the Payroll Podcast!
International Women’s Day has been observed since 1911 and the day marks a celebration of women, encouraging people to come together and campaign for gender equality.
Last year, the UN theme for International Women’s Day was “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world”, and this year, in 2022 the UN theme is “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”, to highlight the contribution of women around the globe, who are helping to build a more sustainable future for all.
Well, Rachel who joins me today works with women on developing confidence in all areas of life, but she also works with businesses to improve and support gender diversity in the workplace. We celebrate International Women’s day with this special episode to discuss how women who aspire to become payroll leaders in the future can unlock their potential!
Recent data has shown that nearly 40% of UK FTSE 100 board positions are now held by women, compared with 12.5% just 10 years ago, Rachel is helping the UK to continue this trend. In fact, Rachel has developed a corporate group coaching program specifically designed for women to grow in confidence & communication skills, to help women feel empowered to proactively co-create their career path with the organisations they work for.
Rachel is here to help us celebrate International Women’s Day and introduce us all to her 3 key pillars that inspire & shape her work: Mindset, Confidence & Communication Skills.
In this “Celebrating International Women’s Day” episode with Rachel Gilfrin on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- Tell us a little about the shift in mindset that inspired you to launch your career and business?
- “Ladies, unlock your potential” – why do you think many women struggle to be seen or understood at work?
- What more can businesses do to improve the representation of women?
- Can you talk us through why confidence is often at a low and your process for unlocking potential and overcoming anxieties?
- What are your 3 pillars for success when it comes to empowering women?
- How important is Mindset, Confidence & Communication when it comes to creating future leaders?
- How does your corporate program help women to deal with common workplace challenges?
- Are you seeing more organisations bring their attention to gender diversity around this time?
- What would you like to see more organisations doing to create an environment where women feel empowered to co-create their career path?
- How can your coaching method help female leaders who perhaps are suffering from anxieties to overcome them?
- If you could pick the UN IWD focus for 2023, what would it be?
- Which women have really inspired you on your career journey?
Links highlighted in this “Celebrating International Women’s Day” episode are included below:
- Website: https://www.rachelharrietcoaching.co.uk/corporate-coaching
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-gilfrin-lifecoach/
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/rachelharrietcoaching
- Rachel Gilfrin Podcast: Achieve with Me
- Book mentioned on the show: A Life Without Limits by Chrissie Wellington (Highly recommended
- The host of The Payroll Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are a Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!