NPW was established to raise the profile and awareness of payroll in the UK. It helps demonstrate the impact the payroll industry has in the UK through the collection of income tax and National Insurance; which is expected to contribute in the region of £301bn* to the UK economy in 2020/21.
The CIPP have been providing payroll and pensions support to professionals like you since 1980 when the Association of Payroll and Superannuation Administrators (APSA) formed.
2020 marks the 40th anniversary of the CIPP and Vickie says they intend to celebrate in style!
In this “Celebrating Payroll in Style ” episode of The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- Why and when was National Payroll Week was launched in the UK?
- How big is the payroll industry in ters of the amount being collected through National Insurance and Income Tax right now?
- How has the payroll industry has reacted to this pandemic?
- What role has the CIPP played to support payroll professionals during the pandemic?
- Why is National Payroll Week important to remember in 2020?
- What is the CIPP doing to prepare for National Payroll Week?
- How can payroll professionals get involved in National Payroll Week?
- What change would you like to see for payroll as a result of National Payroll Week 2020?
- What do you think will be the key training requirements of the payroll profession post-pandemic?
- How does the CIPP see the future of payroll changing post-pandemic?
We hope you enjoy this “Celebrating Payroll“ episode of The Payroll Podcast! If you know anyone else who works in payroll, then please, share this episode with your friends and get them to subscribe today!
Links highlighted in this “Celebrating Payroll in Style ” episode are below:
- To find out more about the CIPP: https://www.cipp.org.uk/
- Vickie Graham LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vickie-graham-dipm-acim-180916a/
- NPW Event Page: https://www.cipp.org.uk/events/npw-landing.html
- Pack requests: https://www.cipp.org.uk/events/npw-landing/npw-pack-request.html
- To find out more about JGA Payroll Recruitment Services, please visit: jgarecruitment.com
- To contact the host, Nick Day, please email: [email protected] / 01727 800 377
Thanks for Listening!
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!