Improving Financial Health through Payroll with James Herbert #55
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast sofa by James Herbert, Founder and CEO of Hastee, a revolutionary fintech business that drives financial health and productivity by enabling employees to choose when they receive their earned pay.
Hastee’s Earnings on Demand platform also provides financial education and management tools as well as rewards and benefits via the Hastee Card; the worlds’ first debit card that gives people dynamic access to their salary as they earn.
With two-thirds of UK workers affected by personal finance-related stress in 2020, but with less than one in five businesses offering a financial wellbeing programme to combat these challenges and with pay on demand services being a hot topic for payroll professionals right now, Nick thought this would be a great time to welcome James to the show!
In this “Improving Financial Health through Payroll” episode with James Herbert, on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- Could you provide us with your outlook on the impact of Coronavirus on workers and ultimately payroll?
- Pay on Demand services seems to be a hot topic for payroll professionals right now. Despite it being talked about, in a recent CIPP members survey only 12% of 413 payroll professionals surveyed believed pay-on-demand services were an attractive benefit for the workforce. With this in mind, I wondered if you could help explain the benefits of Hastee and how you are set up to help businesses?
- How does Hastee drive productivity and improve retention?
- What impact does liquidity have on mental wellbeing?
- Are there any Hastee success stories you can tell us about that really demonstrates the benefits of on-demand-pay for those still not convinced?
- Where do you think the responsibility for employee wellness really sits? Do you think wellness should fall under the responsibility of payroll?
- How simple is Hastee to integrate and use for payroll?
- How do you view the future of payroll?
Links highlighted in this “Improving Financial Health through Payroll” episode are included below:
- James Herbert’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/herbertjames/
- Hastee: https://www.hastee.com
- Nick Day, Host of The Payroll Podcast LinkedIn Profile
- JGA Payroll Recruitment: Leading Payroll Recruiters
- The Payroll Podcast on Apple Podcasts: iTunes
- Payroll Podcast Previous Episodes
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!