Samreen founded Turmeric to bring businesses and people the insights, strategies, and skills they need to translate their goals to life. Samreen inspires leaders, teams and organisations to embrace adversity as a catalyst for empowerment and well-being.
Samreen, who is half Venezuelan and half Indian and bilingual in English and Spanish, inspires leaders, teams and organisations to embrace adversity as a catalyst for empowerment and well-being. She is described by her clients as rigorously expanding their rational, emotional, and intuitive capacity – creating improvements that really last. Find out more at www.turmericgroup.com
Samreen has a unique ability to create the conditions leaders need to stretch beyond their existing capabilities, with her interventions lying in a unique cross-section between business performance, behavioural change and embodied consciousness.
In her new book, Leader Awakened, Samreen explains how leaders can use their experiences as a powerful point for learning, empowerment, agency and improved well-being. The book provides a thought-provoking blend of practical examples and theoretical observations alongside Samreen’s personal experiences of trauma following her son’s cancer diagnosis and a lifetime of grappling with questions of identity and belonging.
In this “Tackling Adversity and Wellbeing through Leadership ” episode with Samreen McGregor on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- Why do people get stuck in a cycle of self-sacrifice at work?
- Why do leaders lead a life of paradox, and how to deal with it?
- How can leaders make room for mindfulness
- How can leaders improve self-awareness?
- Why is it essential to pay attention to organisational culture?
- How can leaders see their organisation through the lens of its people?
- We learn more about Samreen’s book, “Leader Awakened“, which inspires leaders, teams, and organisations.
Links highlighted in this “Tackling Adversity and Wellbeing through Leadership ” episode are included below:
- Website: https://turmericgroup.com/about
- Leader Awakened Book: Buy on Amazon
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samreen-mcgregor-104110/
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Remember, If you would love some specialist HR Recruitment Agency support for a human resources vacancy in your team, please contact me, Nick Day! I would love to help show how we cut through the noise to deliver a stress-free and talent-focused recruitment experience! Contact me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening! I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!