This will act as a guide and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll Team Leader
Payroll Team Leader
- Strategically supervise, motivate and a lead payroll team of X (number of staff).
- Maintaining your own payroll deadlines.
- Review the workloads of other members of the Payroll team before sign off.
- Sound working knowledge of managing a high-volume payroll.
- Act as the point of contact for any escalated payroll queries.
- Review, monitor and implement new processes to better the department.
- Ensuring service levels are met whilst maintaining strong relationships and an accurate payroll function.
- Ensuring Payroll Compliance.
- Balancing the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Proactive, organised and sound analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Specialist knowledge and experience running all aspects of a payroll function.
- CIPP preferred but by no means essential.
Below is a list of key qualifications we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll Team Leader:
- Experience working as an efficient and comprehensive Payroll Team Leader.
- A proven ability to mentor and motivate a Payroll team.
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders and manage expectations.
- Able to articulate complicated information to non-Payroll experts.