This will act as a guide and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll Specialist:
- Collating variable data from numerous sources, whilst performing a reasonable check to ensure what is processed is accurate and approved.
- Administrating monthly, quarterly and annual all 3rd party declarations/payments e.g. meal tickets, Garnishee’s, Pension etc.
- Administer and Audit Social declarations and payments made by payroll partners.
- Ensure all payroll processes are kept up to date and are compliant with national laws and regulations.
- Monthly payroll journal uploads, accurate and timely.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly payroll accruals e.g. Bonus.
- Work closely with HR to ensure processing accuracy and data integrity.
- Monthly uploads of money movement/Net payments onto HSBC.Net.
- Quarterly audit of payroll data held.
- Consistently driving high levels of operational excellence.
- Ensure to adhere to all company policy and procedures and best practice.
- Encourage Feedback and ideas from colleagues.
- Performing data checks between payroll and HR systems.
- Managing the payroll inbox and query handling.
- Preparing payrolls for monthly approvals and supporting with the submission of Statutory notices and relevant tax/social security documents to third parties.
- Assist with audits and finance queries.
- Ensuring that all data is managed and maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Maintain, update and help create relevant Payroll policies, procedures, forms and knowledge articles as and when required.
Below is a list of key qualifications we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Payroll Specialist:
- Payroll qualifications required. E.g. CIPP Advanced Payroll Technician.
- Experience with outsourced payroll providers.
- Experience in processing stock compensation is desirable.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance would be advantageous.
- A proven, customer-driven attitude towards employees of all levels.
- Strong communication skills.
- Deadline driven, with excellent attention to detail and a self-starter.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Strong excel skills and ability to manipulate data.
Other Payroll Job Descriptions:
Check Out Our Payroll Services Below: