The Payslip Relationship with Wellbeing with Gethin Nadin #107
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast sofa by Gethin Nadin, Chief Innovation Officer at Zellis! Gethin is a guest who has joined us on our other show, The HR L&D Podcast.
Gethin is a wellbeing expert and a frequent writer and speaker who has also published several best-selling books, including ‘A World of Good: Lessons From Around the World in Improving the Employee Experience’ and his latest book, ‘A Work In Progress: Unlocking Wellbeing to Create More Sustainable and Resilient Organisations’ which has only just been released!
Gethin joins Nick to discuss the research paper produced by Zellis titled “An Employer’s guide to protecting financial wellbeing for the workforce”.
This report states that more than 1 in 4 Employees Struggle to Understand Payslips. With the strategic role of payroll more pronounced than ever due to organisations understanding the close link between employee engagement, financial wellness and the payroll process, Nick had to find out more!
Incidentally, a link to the research paper is available in the show notes, so download it and read it yourself.
In this “The Payslip Relationship with Wellbeing” episode with Gethin Nadin on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word payroll mean to you?
- Research by Zellis found that more than 1 in 4 Employees struggle to understand payslips. Can you tell us about this?
- How do you think payroll departments should be responding to these insights?
- 13% of employees had feelings of anxiety about finances. What can payroll do to alleviate some of this anxiety?
- Do you think the Prime Minister’s announcement about maths being mandatory until the age of 18 will help people get a better grip on finances?
- How much of financial numeracy confusion is just payslip confusion?
- Can payroll Information have a direct impact on employees’ financial wellbeing?
- What needs to be done to improve the situation?
- What are software providers doing to make the payroll employee experience more user-friendly?
- What advantages can be gained by moving from the traditional payslip to an interactive payslip?
- How can optimizing the traditional payslip impact and influence employee financial health?
- “Employers need to take a strategic and consistent approach to employees’ financial wellbeing”. Can you tell us about this?
- Can you tell us more about the book and how it may help the modern payroll professional?
Links highlighted in this “The Payslip Relationship with Wellbeing ” episode are included below:
- Book 1: “A World of Good: Lessons from Around the World in Improving the Employee Experience”
- Book 2: The Human(e) Office
- Book 3: ‘A Work In Progress: Unlocking Wellbeing to Create More Sustainable and Resilient Organisations’
- The full Zellis Payslip Research Report can be downloaded here.
- Zellis Website: https://www.zellis.com
- Gethin Nadin Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gethinnadin/
- Nick Day LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickday/
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not ask your HR Team to check out our other show, The HR L&D Podcast?
Remember, if you are a #Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy requiring specialist payroll recruitment support, don’t hesitate to contact me! I would love to help show you what an excellent payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach me directly at [email protected] or call 01727 800377
Find out more at: www.jgarecruitment.com.
Thanks for listening! I hope you enjoyed this episode of The Payroll Podcast, and I look forward to bringing you the next episode soon!