“Is it wrong to say Payroll is exciting?” with Simon Parsons #54
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast sofa by joined by Simon Parsons, Director UK Compliance Strategies at SD Worx who serve over 70,000 companies with payroll and HR services worldwide!
Simon has been a major contributor to SD Worx’s payroll expertise since 1984. Besides being influential in the development of SD Worx’s payroll services, he is a major presence on a number of HMRC consultative groups and committees. A fellow of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals and one of the original Masters of Science in Payroll Management, Simon is a regular author and speaker on subjects related to reward and payroll.
Simon is also Chair of IReeN, the electronic exchange with government user network, and Honorary Chair of the BCS (the chartered institute of IT) Payroll Specialist Group. He also launched https://payadvice.uk/ in April 2019 to offer a means of fast distributions of breaking news, expertise and guidance – articles which you may be familiar with as we share them regularly in our very own JGA weekly payroll newsletter too!
Simon has been named in the Reward 300 Hall of Fame lists since their inception in 2009 and has won a number of awards for his services to payroll – which we will find out more about during the course of this podcast!
In this “Is it wrong to say Payroll is exciting?” episode with Simon Parsons, on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- As part of the original cohort of the Master of Science in Payroll Management, what is your background and how did you become involved in the payroll developer industry?
- What have you learned during your payroll career and what is it you love so much about payroll?
- You are Chair of the BCS Payroll Specialist Group and chair of IReeN. Who do they represent and what do they do?
- What are the acronyms BIB and PIP?
- Where do you think the big risk challenges for UK PLC?
- Is it wrong to say Payroll is exciting – we find out!
- What are the major challenges and opportunities for the industry going forward?
- Working for a leading payroll services provider such as SDWorx means you are at the coalface of payroll innovation, so what are the technological innovations you are most excited about?
- What are the legislative changes do you think will have the biggest impact on payroll operations in 2021/22?
Links highlighted in this “Is it wrong to say Payroll is exciting?”” episode are included below:
- Simon Parsons LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/p-simon-parsons-m-sc-fcippdip-mbcs-bb95b713/
- SD Worx: https://www.sdworx.co.uk/en
- PayAdvice: https://payadvice.uk/
- IReeN: https://ireen.net/
- Nick Day, Host of The Payroll Podcast LinkedIn Profile
- JGA Payroll Recruitment: Leading Payroll Recruiters
- The Payroll Podcast on Apple Podcasts: iTunes
- Payroll Podcast Previous Episodes
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!