Creating Inclusive Workplaces with Jes Osrow #41
Jes an all-around HR go-getter with 10+ years in HR, recruitment, DEI, and L&D in both a full time and consulting capacity. She is currently Co-Founder of The Rise Journey, an HR consultancy, and Head of Learning and Organizational Development at Quartet Health, a mental health start-up.
Jes gets stuff done and has the energy of four people. Her goal is to create fundamental change in People Operations. As Head of Learning and Development at Quartet Health, Jes empowers inclusive workplace cultures that are inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible for all employees. As Co-Founder of The Rise Journey, she works to operationalize DEIBA (diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and accessibility) strategies as part of building foundational and sustainable organizational culture.
Jes is focused on hands-on engagement, real world experiences, and communicating successes and struggles in personal and professional realms. Her talks and workshops are engaging, transparent, and relatable, with action-oriented takeaways. Focus areas include: Career development, Invisible disability advocacy, Imposter syndrome, Diversity recruitment and engagement strategies, and Women in tech.
In this “Creating Inclusive Workplaces” episode with Jes Osrow on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- How do you build in DEI to all aspects, policies, and procedures to ensure an equitable business?
- What does it mean to recruit for ‘diversity’ and does it matter if your culture isn’t ready?
- When thinking about diversity in the workplace, what are some under-advocated groups?
- What are some sustainable step-by-step approaches to changing a culture for the long term, not just to ride the DEI wave?
- What are some tips on building Inclusion and belonging in the remote world?
Links highlighted in this “Creating Inclusive Workplaces” episode are included below:
- Jes Osrow’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesosrow/
- Co-Founder & DEIBA Specialist – The Rise Journey
- Personal website/portfolio
- Head of Learning and Organizational Development – Quartet Health
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon