The End of Jobs? With Jeff Wald, #46
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast sofa by Jeff Wald, the Founder of Work Market, an enterprise software platform that enables companies to efficiently and compliantly, organize, manage and pay freelancers (purchased by ADP). Jeff has founded several other technology companies, including Spinback, a social sharing platform (eventually purchased by salesforce.com).
Jeff holds an MBA from Harvard University And is the author of his new book, The End of Jobs: The Rise of On-Demand Workers and Agile Corporations. He is also a Producer of the Tony Award Winning Best Musical A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder,
Jeff is a regular writer in Huffington Post and Forbes and was named “One of the 100 Most Influential People in Staffing” by the Staffing Industry Analysts in 2017 & 2018.
In this episode, Jeff talks about his upcoming book The End of Jobs. Which includes a Future of Work Prize, where Jeff has put up $10 million dollars for whichever prediction of the 20 contributors to his book on the world in 2040 is most correct can win.
With BBC studies claiming 97% of payroll positions could be automated by 2025 – this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
In this “The End of Jobs” episode with Jeff Wald, on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What do you hope is the biggest takeaway from the book, The End of Jobs?
- What does the future of work look like?
- How much will the future of work be driven by data, HR, personal responsibility and algorithms?
- How will the world of work evolve as technology and globalization drives change?
- How can the history of work help us to predict the future of work?
- How have companies and workers reacted to the last three technological step functions: Mechanization, Electrification and Computerization?
- Will Robots and AI impact the world of work and why is this known as “The First Services Revolution”?
- What are some pros and cons to a future where companies and employers are relying more heavily on technology?
- The Future of Work Prize Competition? What it is and why you decided to launch it?
We hope you enjoy this “The End of Jobs“ episode of The Payroll Podcast! If you know anyone else who works in payroll, then please, share this episode with your friends and get them to subscribe today!
Links highlighted in this “The End of Jobs” episode are below:
- The End of Jobs – Book by Jeff Wald featured on this episode, available on Amazon
- Jeff Wald: LinkedIn Profile
- WorkMarket, an ADP Company
- Nick Day, Host of The Payroll Podcast LinkedIn Profile
- JGA Payroll Recruitment: Leading Payroll Recruiters
- The Payroll Podcast on Apple Podcasts: iTunes
- Payroll Podcast Previous Episodes
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!