Cloud Payroll Technology with Richard McLean #50
After working for over 20 years in IT, Rich and his three co-founders took the leap and created their own business KeyPay, a cloud-based payroll and workforce management tool. Since its launch in 2012, KeyPay is now trusted by over 158,000 businesses in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Rich is passionate about keeping business processes simple and removing the unnecessary stressors in the payroll and workforce world.
KeyPay is a cloud-based workforce management and payroll platform, new to the UK in 2018. KeyPay is the first true cloud-based platform to hit the UK bureau market, designed to eliminate the traditional payroll headaches of employee onboarding, data collection, HMRC and pension fund compliance. In a single, integrated platform, KeyPay automates the flow of data from employees across rosters, timesheets, leave management, and reporting, through to the payroll bureau and back to the business, providing full client visibility of the pay run at all times.
KeyPay launched in Australia in 2012 and dramatically changed the payroll landscape by offering a fully flexible, customisable solution catering to the diverse business needs in Australia.
In this “Cloud Payroll Technology” episode of The Payroll Podcast, Richard is asked:
- How does the payroll market in Australia differ from the UK, in terms of technology, perception, and/or complexities?
- What does the future of payroll look like?
- What problematic, conventional payroll processes do you think have been accepted as ‘the norm’ by payroll professionals?
- Why do you think accounting firms and payroll bureaus are slower to adopt cloud payroll technology?
- What features should accountants look out for in their payroll technology to maximise their efficiencies
- How else can technology add value?
- What changes could payroll bureaus or accountants make to improve their processes?
- How can payroll departments make payroll profitable?
Links highlighted in this “Cloud Payroll Technology” episode are included below:
- Director Pays powered by KeyPay: KeyPay recently launched a cloud-based payroll tool for accountants and payroll bureaux: Director Pays. Director Pays is designed specifically to remove all manual efforts involved with director payroll processing. With a one-off set up, accounting firms can automate pay schedules, HMRC submissions including FPS and EPS, tax and NIC calculations, client reporting, and journal entries to accounting platforms.
- White paper: How accountants can use technology to make payroll profitable – Exploring automation in the UK payroll space and the opportunity it can bring for payroll, KeyPay interviewed 8 thought leaders about technology innovation and trends in the industry. Their responses, alongside research into the state of payroll in the UK, contributed toward KeyPay’s recent white paper.
- Richard McLean – LinkedIn Profile
- KeyPay Website
- KeyPay Blog
- Nick Day (The Payroll Podcast Host) Linkedin Profile
- JGA Recruitment Group – Specialist Payroll Recruiters
- Contact the Host, Nick Day: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0044 1727 800 377
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like!
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon