This episode of The Payroll Podcast is titled “Rising through the ranks of Payroll: From UK Payroll to Global Operations to Chairman of the CIPP”. We feature Jason Davenport, current Chairman of the Board for the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (or CIPP) and an experienced, senior payroll manager in his own right who also runs his own payroll consultancy called Calendar Consulting.
Jason is skilled in supporting clients in both public and private sectors and has experience in reviewing payroll performance, strategy and choices, whether in-sourced or out-sourced.
With a vast background that has involved holding prestigious, senior roles such as Chief Operating Officer HRS Division at Capita, Global Payroll Product Manager at NGA HR and Services Director at Logica CMG, this is one podcast episode you won’t want to miss!
In this “Rising through the ranks of Payroll” episode we discover:
- The weekend that resulted in a steep career trajectory within payroll for Jason!
- How Jason made the transition from UK payroll delivery into international payroll management
- His role as Chairman of the CIPP and what this involves
- What Jason believes needs to be done to raise the profile of Payroll, not just in the UK but globally?
- The advice Jason would you give to someone with ambitions of running their own payroll consultancy?
- The single piece of advice that Jason would give to someone working in payroll right now?
To view, the links referred to in this “Rising through the ranks of Payroll” episode, please click on the following links:
- Jason’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-davenport-mcipp-miod-a7039326/
- To find out more about the CIPP: www.Cipp.org.uk
- To contact JGA Payroll Recruitment: email@example.com or https://jgarecruitment.com/
- Nick Day’s (Payroll Podcast Host) LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day’s LinkedIn Profile
We need your support!
This Payroll Podcast is a niche non-for-profit podcast created with the intention of raising the profile of the payroll industry, therefore, if you like the show, please subscribe to it, review it (on iTunes or #ApplePodcasts) and please, please share it with as many of your payroll colleagues as possible!
Finally, My name is Nick Day and I am a specialist Payroll Recruiter. If you need support with any payroll related vacancy, please get in touch as I would love to help. If you quote “The Payroll Podcast” I will give you 20% discount on our JGA Recruitment Terms of business.
Contact me today to find out more.
Tel: 01727 800 377.
THE PAYROLL PODCAST. A NICHE PODCAST FOR A NICHE PROFESSION. SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
The Payroll Podcast was the first podcast produced exclusively for the UK and broader global payroll community, and we have one primary aim. This aim is to speak with payroll industry experts that can help us to cut through complex International payroll legislation, technology solutions and International compliance affecting global payroll operations and teams so that you, as a payroll professional, can utilise this expertise to improve your own payroll department.
We journey through subjects complex payroll issues ranging from killing Payday loans to GDPR; Robotic Process Automation; Payroll News, Blockchain Technology to Artificial Intelligence; Wellbeing to Compliance; Payroll Control Frameworks to International Payroll Legislation and more! Discover how training, workplace psychology and career planning can also impact on your payroll operation. This Payroll Podcast attempts to tackle all of these subjects with industry leading expertise and a little bit of humour too!
Subscribe to the Payroll Podcast today and never miss a future episode.
In the meantime, if you have any Payroll recruitment requirements that JGA Payroll Recruitment Services can assist with, please do reach out to me at Nick@jgarecruitment.com and quote “The Payroll Podcast” to receive a 20% discount on all Terms of business). Contact us today to find out more | Tel: 01727 800 377 | Email Nick@jgarecruitment.com