THE PAYROLL PODCAST with Nick Day, Director of JGA Recruitment & Guests!
The Payroll Podcast was the first podcast produced exclusively for the UK and broader global payroll community. Nick Day meets with payroll industry experts to discuss complex payroll issues, International payroll legislation, technology, systems, processes and compliance. My aim is to support the payroll industry and help the hardworking payroll professionals within it to prepare and embrace the future of payroll.
We journey through complex payroll issues ranging from Robotic Process Automation; Blockchain; Cryptocurrencies; Artificial Intelligence and Wellbeing to Compliance; Global Payroll, Payroll Vendor Management, Payroll Bureau Operations and International Payroll Legislation (and more)!
We live in a competitive world with dynamic global workforces. Let’s embrace these changes and develop strategies together to raise the profile of payroll worldwide forever.
Subscribe to The Payroll Podcast and never miss a future episode.
If you want to be on the show, or if you need support with a payroll recruitment requirement, please do reach out to me. Tel: 01727 800 377 | Email Nick@jgarecruitment.com
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | Google Podcasts | RSS | More
Can we drive and improve financial health and productivity through payroll by enabling employees to choose when they receive their earned pay? We speak to the CEO and Founder of Hastee, James Herbert, to find out. With two-thirds of UK workers affected by personal finance-related stress in 2020, (but with less than one in five businesses offering a financial wellbeing programme to combat these challenges) we discuss pay on-demand services and how the role payroll could play in improving financial wellness for employees.
“Is it wrong to say Payroll is exciting?” with Simon Parsons #54
Simon has been a major contributor to SD Worx’s payroll expertise since 1984. Besides being influential in the development of SD Worx’s payroll services, he is a major presence on a number of HMRC consultative groups and committees. A fellow of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals and one of the original Masters of Science in Payroll Management, Simon is a regular author and speaker on subjects related to reward and payroll.
Simon is also Chair of IReeN, the electronic exchange with government user network, and Honorary Chair of the BCS (the chartered institute of IT) Payroll Specialist Group. He also launched https://payadvice.uk/ in April 2019 to offer a means of fast distributions of breaking news, expertise and guidance – articles which you may be familiar with as we share them regularly in our very own JGA weekly payroll newsletter too!
Simon has been named in the Reward 300 Hall of Fame lists since their inception in 2009 and has won a number of awards for his services to payroll – which we will find out more about during the course of this podcast!
In this “Is it wrong to say Payroll is exciting?” episode with Simon Parsons, on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- As part of the original cohort of the Master of Science in Payroll Management, what is your background and how did you become involved in the payroll developer industry?
- What have you learned during your payroll career and what is it you love so much about payroll?
- You are Chair of the BCS Payroll Specialist Group and chair of IReeN. Who do they represent and what do they do?
- What are the acronyms BIB and PIP?
- Where do you think the big risk challenges for UK PLC?
- Is it wrong to say Payroll is exciting – we find out!
- What are the major challenges and opportunities for the industry going forward?
- Working for a leading payroll services provider such as SDWorx means you are at the coalface of payroll innovation, so what are the technological innovations you are most excited about?
- What are the legislative changes do you think will have the biggest impact on payroll operations in 2021/22?
Links highlighted in this “Is it wrong to say Payroll is exciting?”” episode are included below:
- Simon Parsons LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/p-simon-parsons-m-sc-fcippdip-mbcs-bb95b713/
- SD Worx: https://www.sdworx.co.uk/en
- PayAdvice: https://payadvice.uk/
- IReeN: https://ireen.net/
- Nick Day, Host of The Payroll Podcast LinkedIn Profile
- JGA Payroll Recruitment: Leading Payroll Recruiters
- The Payroll Podcast on Apple Podcasts: iTunes
- Payroll Podcast Previous Episodes
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast sofa by PayCaptain Founder, Simon Bocca. PayCaptain pledges to improve the payroll process and the employee payroll experience; by embracing the latest technologies, banking capabilities and the best strategies for employee financial wellbeing. Simon is passionate about technology and passionate about putting the employee front and centre, so tune in to find out more!