Management Mess to Leadership Success with Scott Miller #19
Nick Day from JGA HR Recruitment is joined on the HR L&D Podcast by Scott Miller who serves as FranklinCovey’s executive vice president of thought leadership. He is the host of On Leadership with Scott Miller, a weekly leadership webcast, podcast, and newsletter that features interviews with renowned business titans, authors, and experts. Scott also authors a weekly leadership column for Inc.com and is a regular contributor to Arianna Huffington’s Thrive Global and the American City Business Journal.
He is the bestselling author of FranklinCovey’s Management Mess to Leadership Success: 30 Challenges to Become the Leader You Would Follow, and Everyone Deserves a Great Manager: The 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team.
Scott began his professional career in 1992 with the Disney Development Company as a founding member of the development team that designed the town of Celebration, Florida. Scott now lives in Salt Lake City, Utah, with his wife and three young sons
In this “Management Mess to Leadership Success” episode of the HR L&D Podcast we discover:
- What were the choices that led Scott Miller to become both a best-selling author on thought leadership and executive vice president and of the world-leading consultancy and training firm, FranklinCovey?
- What it was that motivated Scott to write Management Mess?
- Are Scott’s experiences based on the many leaders he has professionally coached?
- What makes a great leader and what can people do to become better leaders?
- Are leaders often made the scapegoats for commercial problems?
- Was this the intention of your Management Mess to Leadership Success book?
- What does leadership mean to Scott Miller?
- Why everyone should celebrate individual and team success!
- What are the principles, practices, and 30 leadership challenges in the book based on?
- How can these 30 leadership challenges help readers become better leaders?
- Are all leaders in some way a ‘Management Mess’?
- What is the one thing you really hope readers will learn and take away from the book?
- Does FranklinCovey have leadership training that is based on the book?
To find out more about this “Management Mess to Leadership Success” episode of the HR L&D Podcast is highlighted below:
- On Leadership with Scott Miller
- Management Mess to Leadership Success Book: Amazon Link
- Everyone Deserves a Great Manager Book: Amazon Link
- JGA HR recruitment Services (HR & Payroll Recruitment Services)
- Nick Day – firstname.lastname@example.org (Contact the HR L&D Podcast Host)
- Nick Day: Linkedin Profile
Subscribe the HR L&D Podcast: Apple Podcasts| Android | Email | Soundcloud | Google Podcasts | RSS | More
A word from the host, Nick Day…
If you have an HR recruitment requirement that needs the assistance of a niche HR recruiter – please get in touch with me. As well as playing the host of The HR L&D Podcast, I am also Managing Director of JGA HR Recruitment.
As an HR boutique recruiter, we focus on quality, not quantity and we place all levels of HR professional from HR Advisors through to Global HR Directors.
If you have read this far (or if you have listened to my HR L&D Podcasts), then I hope you know that when it comes to HR Search, I am absolutely committed to providing all of my clients and candidates with a world-class HR consultancy service. I am extremely passionate about raising the profile of HR and L&D and I would love the opportunity to work with you.
So, if you have an HR-related vacancy that requires the support of a genuine HR recruitment specialist. Contact me today on Nick@jgarecruitment.com / 01727 800 377
I can’t wait to partner with you!
Tel: 01727 800 377.