Prior to starting LOCAL Neil led global digital marketing at Coca-Cola and ran the brand’s digital program for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Now, Neil and his team use consumer marketing techniques inside some of the world’s biggest and best companies (including Capital One, Kaiser Permanente, South West Airlines, Chick-fil-A, P&G, UPS) to engage with and build belief amongst companies’ most valuable assets — their people.
Neil knows that it is the companies that put People First that will survive and thrive post-pandemic which is why HR and Marketing need to be more aligned if businesses want to truly fuel future growth.
Neil wants to inspire HR practitioners to think and work like marketers to build belief, fuel adoption, and create opportunities for all employees to become owners of change. Why? Because the future of work depends on it.
Neil is a regular speaker, Forbes writer, and media guest, where he offers a transparent, engaging deep dive into current research, practical examples, and burning questions around the new space of Change Marketing™ that is disrupting and improving how HR and people leaders approach employee engagement, company culture, and the employee experience.
In this “Why Aligning HR with Marketing is Critical” episode with Neil Bedwell on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- In these times of turbulence and rapid change, focusing on employees is more critical, and more challenging, than ever before. Can you tell us more about why this harmony between Marketing and HR is so important?
- The correlation between engaged employees and company performance is increasingly well documented (with some recent studies claiming that highly engaged employees outperform those with low engagement by 250%). So why do so many companies STILL treat their employees like an afterthought?
- What is LOCAL’s unique approach to this macro problem, and how did you land it?
- What the biggest mistake most companies make when thinking about employee engagement?
- Why do you think the future of work depends on HR and Marketing being closely aligned?
- If I’m an HR leader listening to this, where should I start?
- Something that has been disrupting how HR and people leaders approach employee engagement, company culture, and the employee experience – is Change Marketing™ – can you tell us more about this?
- How can HR practitioners listening to this start to create opportunities for their employees to become owners of change?
Links highlighted in this “Why Aligning HR with Marketing is Critical” episode are included below:
LinkedIn Profile: Neil Bedwell
- Is Human Resources Your Next Profit Center? (Forbes)
- Why Caring About Your Employees Matters More Than Engagement (Forbes)
- How To Survive And Thrive In ‘The Blender’ (Forbes)
- Change Marketing. Q&A with Neil Bedwell, Founding Partner at Local Industries (HR Daily Advisor)
- Small is a Big Advantage: A People-First Guide for Small Businesses Managing Big Change (TLNT)
Neil was scheduled to speak at 3 big conferences this year (and 2 private meeting events) before COVID hit: HR Transform, ACMP (Association of Change Management Professionals) Global Conference, and Workhuman Live + Degreed LENS and State Policy Network Annual Meeting.
He recently presented virtually at the revamped ACMP Global Connect and SPN Annual Meeting. Neil has also presented at Worldz, DisruptHR Atlanta (video), SDX Interactive Day San Diego, ACMP Atlanta (video), and more!
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!