In 1997 Lesley founded WorkingWell, an award-winning specialist consultancy that helps companies to manage workplace pressure in a way that facilitates growth and development. WorkingWell was shortlisted for “Best Wellbeing Service Provider” at the Great British Workplace Wellbeing Awards 2021.
She is co-author with the late Dr. Stephen Williams of “Dangerous Waters – Strategies for Improving Wellbeing at Work”, published by John Wiley & Sons, and “Managing Workplace Stress – a best practice blueprint” published by CBI Books.
Now with Global competitive pressures resulting in employees and leaders being put under more pressure than ever to perform, it means that Social, domestic, and economic responsibilities are placing growing and conflicting demands on limited time! In this episode, Nick discusses Wellbeing and Performance with Lesley, and in particular, we explore the concept that everyone is a stakeholder in more detail.
In this “Is Managing Wellbeing the Job of HR?” episode with Lesley Cooper on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words Human Resources mean to you?
- Success is visible, but the impact behind success is often invisible. What impact is this pressure having on wellbeing?
- How and why does employee wellbeing influence employee performance?
- Is managing wellbeing the job of HR?
- What is the role of the employee in managing their own wellbeing – shouldn’t the company be doing that?
- How does manager behaviour influence wellbeing outcomes? What responsibilities do they have?
- Accessibility of support is an issue in current employee wellbeing but how can organisations address this?
- Has health moved from a welfare issue to a wealth issue?
- Tell us more about your book ‘Dangerous Waters’
- What are the threats that exist within these Dangerous Waters?
- What are the commercial benefits of improving employee wellbeing?
- Tell us about your book, ‘Managing Workplace Stress’?
- What are your top 5 workable solutions for managing stress at work?
- How do you manage your own stress?
Links highlighted in this “Is Managing Wellbeing the Job of HR?” episode is included below:
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lesley-cooper-5536302/
- Website: https://www.workingwell.co.uk
- Book: Dangerous Waters – Strategies for Improving Wellbeing at Work
- Book: Managing Workplace Stress – a best practice blueprint
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support – please also get in touch with me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!