Meta is investing $150 million in creating an immersive learning ecosystem which they believe will make personal development more accessible through the metaverse, and with recent surveys such as that undertaken by Express VPN, claiming that 46% of Gen Z and 19% of Baby Boomers say that within the next two years they foresee themselves working in a metaverse, Nick wanted to bring this topic to life on today’s show to discover if, with such rapid technological advances taking place in the HR sphere, the metaverse workplace is soon to become an everyday reality.
Nick has invited HR Tech expert Duncan Casemore onto today’s show to explore that subject. That’s because Duncan is CTO and Co-Founder of Applaud, a business that has been helping the most ambitious Fortune 100 companies simplify their digital HR for over ten years! In this episode, we dive into this experience to understand what Futuristic Approaches are being adopted in the HR space to understand if we’ll all be “Working in the Metaverse” one day.
In this “HR in the Metaverse with Duncan Casemore” The HR L&D Podcast episode, we also explore:
- What do the words “human resources” mean to you?
- What is the Metaverse, and why is it important that we know about it?
- What is the potential impact of the Metaverse on the future of work?
- How will the Metaverse reshape the traditional workplace as we know it?
- What HR cutting-edge tools can we integrate with these rising technologies at work?
- What are some of the potential benefits and challenges of working in the metaverse?
- Can companies leverage the Metaverse to enhance employee engagement?
- Where are strategic HR leaders investing their technology budgets currently?
- Who are Applaud?
- How can companies and individuals navigate working in the metaverse?
Links highlighted in this “Working in the Metaverse” episode are included below:
- Applaud’s Website: https://www.applaudhr.com/
- Duncan’s LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/duncancasemore
- Free Report: The Future of HR: Employee Experience Fuelled by Consumer-Grade Technology
- JGA Planet Positive (ESG) Recruitment Solution – to find out more, email [email protected]
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
If you are an HR or L&D Leader with an HR vacancy requiring the expertise of a specialist HR Recruitment agency, please contact me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great HR Recruitment agency experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening! Please remember to review and subscribe to The HR L&D Podcast show and look out for the next episode landing soon!