Bryan is someone who has advised the White House and is the only hacker and speaker who has successfully wiretapped the United States Secret Service and the FBI!
Later that year same year, my guest also de-anonymized the highly valued mobile app, Secret, which put him on the front page of Wired.com, CNNMoney, CNET, Forbes, and the Washington Post — all in the same day!
That is because Bryan is a world-famous Security Keynote Speaker, Ethical Hacker, Author and Former US Marine who is joining us today to talk about the importance of cyber security.
Bryan is passionate about fighting for consumers rights, privacy and educating the public about how to stay safe in a constantly changing technology landscape. He currently lives in Seattle with his 2 children and he now freelances as a cybersecurity consultant and advises John McAfee and his company MGT.
Now with 81% of UK SMEs confirming that they had suffered a data breach or cyber-attack, with a considerable two in five (37%) admitting they had suffered multiple breaches – I was compelled to invite Bryan to the show – because Payroll in particular, is a department that is extremely vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
In this “Protecting employees from Cyber Attacks & Cyber Fraud” episode with Bryan Seely on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- Bryan, you became one of the world’s most famous hackers in 2014 – can you tell our listeners why?
- I understand the Secret Service called you a hero and praised your courage and integrity – What’s the story?
- In the world of HR, why are we seeing increases in phishing scams, ransomware attacks, cyber fraud, recruitment scams and corporate espionage?
- For HR leaders, cyber and data security is a critical concern. With departments so vulnerable to attack, what can be done to better protect data?
- How likely is it that one of our listeners suffers a ransomware attack (spoiler alert: it is higher than you think)!
- What is going on inside the mind of a potential hacker or Cybercriminal?
- How do hackers decide who to attack and when?
- What are the key questions you would want to ask your software provider to give you the confidence that the employee data is secure?
- What advice would you give to help HR departments protect themselves and their employees from scam and phishing attempts?
- Why should HR and Talent Leaders be wary of fake LinkedIn profiles and how they can identify one?
- Cyber Fraud: The Web of Lies (available on Amazon) – we find out more about this best-selling book (and why everyone should read it)!
Links highlighted in this “Protecting employees from Cyber Attacks & Cyber Fraud” episode are included below:
- Bryan Seely’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanthemapsguy/
- Bryan’s website: https://www.bryanseely.com/
- Cyber Fraud: The Web of Lies
- List if Data Attacks
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!