Hiring for Diversity & Decoding Bias with Arthur Woods #58
Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Arthur Woods, a social entrepreneur and LGBTQIA+ advocate working at the intersection of equity, inclusion, and technology.
He is the Amazon Bestselling author of Hiring for Diversity and the Co-Founder of Mathison, a technology platform that equips employers with everything they need to manage their diversity hiring efforts.
Arthur was named to Forbes 30 Under 30 and 40 Under 40 by BEQ. He is a three-time TEDx speaker and has advised leading brands from Disney, Sonos, and MetLife to the Smithsonian.
Arthur is also the creator of the first Equal Hiring Index to assess and benchmark inclusive hiring practices. He came from Google where he led operations for YouTube’s Education division and oversaw YouTube for Schools. Arthur previously co-founded Imperative, a leading social learning platform; Out in Tech, the largest global LGBTQ technology community; and Social Impact 360, a collegiate social enterprise education program.
In this “Hiring for Diversity & Decoding Bias” episode with Arthur Woods on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words Human Resources mean to you?
- How can companies reduce bias in hiring?
- What are the biggest problems you see in most companies’ diversity hiring efforts?
- What are some helpful tools (free or paid) & strategies that HR teams can use to make better hiring decisions?
- How can HR teams improve their job descriptions to be less biased?
- What is the role of leadership in business with regards to diversity & inclusion?
- What LGBTQ+ technology exists and how it can impact our society/culture/future?
- You launched a tech company called Mathison, can you tell us about it and your Equal Hiring Index and scoring system?
- What compelled you to write your bestselling book (Hiring for Diversity) and can you tell us more about how it can help with diversity hiring?
Links highlighted in this “Hiring for Diversity & Decoding Bias” episode are included below:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArthurWoods
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arthurwoods/
- Personal Website: https://www.arthurwwoods.com/
- Mathison’s Website: https://www.mathison.io/
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Hiring-Diversity-Inclusive-Equitable-Organization/dp/1119800900
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!