The HR Algorithmic Leader: 10 Principles for Leadership Success
Nick Day from JGA HR Recruitment is joined by Futurist and global nomad Mike Walsh who has synthesised years of research and interviews with some of the world’s top business leaders, AI pioneers and data scientists into a set of “10 principles about what it takes to succeed in the HR algorithmic age”.
His book, The Algorithmic Leader, offers a hopeful and practical guide for leaders of all types, and organisations of all sizes to help them to survive and thrive in this era of unprecedented change and this is something we will be learning much more about during this podcast.
Mike’s clients include many of the global Fortune 500, and he is a sought-after keynote speaker who regularly shares the stage with world leaders and business icons alike. He has delivered nearly 1,000 keynote speeches around the world and his best-selling book Futuretainment, published by Phaidon, was the winner of the design award by the Art Director’s Club in New York
Each week, Mike interviews provocative thinkers, innovators and troublemakers on his podcast, Between Worlds so I am delighted to be able to welcome such an experienced professional to the HR L&D Podcast!
Mike’s newest book, The Algorithmic Leader, presents a pragmatic guide for future leaders and is based on many of the fascinating people Mike has met and interacted with over the years from Jack Ma (founder of Alibaba) to Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn), as well as the next generation of entrepreneurs whose companies may end up shaping the future of the world we live in.
In this HR Algorithmic Leader: 10 Principles for Leadership Success with Mike Walsh episode of the HR L&D Podcast we discover:
- The critical advice Mike would give to leaders who want to harness the power of AI and succeed where others have failed.
- Are we prepared for automation, algorithms and AI and what will it mean for the future of work, leadership, and creativity?
- Should we be fearful of automation?
- How will AI affect Smart decision making?
- How will AI change people’s jobs?
- Discover Mike’s Vision for a “new leadership model” and the 10 principles every leader needs to know to survive and thrive in the algorithmic age
- What is, does it mean to be an algorithmic leader?
- Is it ever too late for an older “analogue” company to make the changes necessary to succeed in the algorithmic age?
- What will life like in 2030?
- The one piece of advice Mike would give to someone embarking on a data-driven HR career?
- How can we continue to stay smart when the machines around us are smarter than us?
Also listen out for an exclusive competition where you can win a signed copy of Mike’s latest Book “The Algorithmic Leader: How to Be Smart When Machines Are Smarter Than You”. Listen to the podcast and then answer this question: If Mike was given any super-power – what would it be? Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the winner will be publicly announced on LinkedIn on Monday 6th June 2019.
To find out more about Mike Walsh or his book-; the links referred to in this HR Algorithmic Leader: 10 Principles for Leadership Success with Mike Walsh episode are highlighted below:
- Purchase a copy of the book featured in this HR L&D Podcast titled: The Algorithmic Leader: How to Be Smart When Machines Are Smarter Than You
- Follow Mike Walsh on Twitter: @mikewalsh
- Follow Mike on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikewalsh
- Futuretainment: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Futuretainment-Yesterday-World-Changed-Your/dp/0714848751
- Between Worlds Podcast: https://www.mike-walsh.com/podcast
- Video about Mike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p61CPRS3kZo
- How leaders at Amazon make smart decisions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DFhEJVG5z8
- How AI will change your job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTyOODhE8WU
- What algorithmic leaders can learn from the United crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN0u24-TB9k
Subscribe the HR L&D Podcast:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
A word from the host, Nick Day…
The HR L&D Podcast is hosted by me, Nick Day, Managing Director of JGA HR Recruitment.
I will be upfront and say that I would love to help you if you have an HR recruitment requirement that needs the assistance of a niche recruiter.
I hope this podcast production helps demonstrate that we are very serious about all matters related to both HR and L&D. We are not a generalist recruiter – we are a boutique. We focus on quality, not quantity and that’s because we aim to provide nothing less than a value-added experience! Trust us with your next HR or L&D vacancy, and we won’t let you down.
Still not convinced?
Look, we know you probably get approached all the time by many different recruiters. However, if you have read this far, I would like to think you believe I can help you. To get you over the line with a commitment, if you contact me and quote “The HR L&D Podcast” I will provide you with a 20% discount on all of our Terms of business. Contact me today on Nick@jgarecruitment.com / 01727 800 377
In the meantime, I would also like to offer you some gifts by way of some free expert-level HR whitepapers.
Find out more by visiting us at jamesgray.wpengine.com.
I can’t wait to partner with you!
Tel: 01727 800 377.