Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace – with Woosh Raza #021
Recorded prior to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, Nick Day sat down with Senior HR Leader, Woosh Raza, Head of Human Resources and Learning & Development for a brilliant charity called Phoenix Futures and an individual who is incredibly passionate about Equality & Diversity.
I met Woosh recently when he kindly invited me to form part of a CIPD London panel which explored how we can improve diversity and inclusion in relation to recruitment practices. Woosh is an expert in developing strategic people plans that align with organisational goals and leading high performing HR teams.
Phoenix Futures are a charity committed to supporting those who suffer from alcohol addiction or substance abuse. The charity is well recognised in the sector. Woosh has worked in senior HR roles for over a decade in the remit of generalist and as a leader of HR teams so it was an absolute delight to be able to sit down with him and talk all about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace.
As Woosh articulately tells us on the episode:
- Equality is having a seat on the table
- Diversity is raising your voice
- Inclusion is about having that voice heard
In this “Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace” podcast episode, we discover:
- Why it is essential HR and L&D teams address issues related to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- What does Equality, Diversity & Inclusion mean in the workplace context?
- What should and can be done by HR and L&D Teams to combat ED&I challenges
- Are issues related to ED&I progressing or regressing?
- How can technology help in address and improve ED&I practices
- What are the common pitfalls that organisations are making when it comes to ED&I?
- Why diversity leads to better profits?
- What are the immediately implementable actions an HR practitioner can take after listening to this episode of the HR L&D podcast?
To find out more about this “Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace” episode of the HR L&D Podcast is highlighted below:
- Woosh Raza LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/woosh-raza-chartered-mcipd-8a8b3034/
- Phoenix-Futures Charity: https://www.phoenix-futures.org.uk/
- JGA HR recruitment Services (HR & Payroll Recruitment Services)
- Nick Day – firstname.lastname@example.org (Contact the HR L&D Podcast Host)
- Nick Day: Linkedin Profile
Subscribe the HR L&D Podcast: Apple Podcasts| Android | Email | RSS | More
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D professional listening to this podcast and you have an HR, HRIS or L&D related vacancy that you would love some specialist HR recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me!
I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!