How Leaders Can Trust & Inspire with Stephen M. R. Covey #57
Trust & Inspire to unleash great future leaders!
Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Stephen M. R. Covey to discuss his radical yet straightforward principle of “Trust & Inspire”. In this ground-breaking podcast titled; ‘How Leaders Can Trust & Inspire”, Stephen provides an expansive, visionary, and inviting guide to the future of leadership.
Stephen M. R. Covey is the bestselling author of the book “The Speed of Trust”, which successfully sold over 2 million copies worldwide and was rated by 100 Top CEOs on Glassdoor as the #1 book everyone should read. It was also a Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and Washington Post Bestseller.
In this episode, we discuss Stephen’s latest book, titled: “Trust & Inspire, How Truly Great Leaders unleash Greatness In Others“. This newest book builds on the principles outlined in The Speed of Trust by focusing on the leadership skills required in our new world of work to enable leaders trust to inspire greatness in others.
“Trust & Inspire” has already received some fantastic endorsements, including one from the CEO of Microsoft, Satya Nadella and the CEO of Zoom Eric Yuan as well as many others! (Link in the episode notes).
In this “How Leaders Can Trust & Inspire” episode with Stephen M. R. Covey on The HR L&D Podcast, questions asked include:
- What do the words Human Resources mean to you?
- You often talk about trust being a learnable skill. Tell us about that.
- The world has changed but our style of leadership has not – this is a fascinating chapter in your book. Can you tell us more about what you mean by this?
- What HR initiatives do you see trust impacting the most?
- Is trust earned or is trust given?
- Stephen discusses his expansive, visionary, and inviting view of the future of leadership.
- Can you restore trust when it has been lost?
- There is a chapter in your book titled “What Trust and Inspire is not” – can you elaborate?
- Where is leadership going? What’s the next “big thing?”
Links highlighted in this episode are included below:
- Website: https://www.franklincovey.com/
- Get the Book – Trust & Inspire
- Speed of Trust Audio Book
- Get the Book – The Speed of Trust
- LinkedIn Profile: Stephen M. R. Covey
- Twitter Profile: Stephen M. R. Covey
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!