Paving the Way for Women in Business with Burcin Ressamoglu #81
In the episode, Nick Day is joined for this International Women’s Day special episode of The HR L&D Podcast by Burcin Ressamoglu, CEO at Sodexo Engage. Burcin is highly passionate about breaking down barriers and paving the way for women in business!
As the leader of Sodexo Engage, Burcin is a strong advocate of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. She is a steering member of the Sodexo Global Gender Equality Advisory Board – #SoTogether, where she actively leads the gender equality policies of Sodexo.
Some months ago, she stood up against board members and demanded action against the gender imbalance of the C-Suite. Now Burcin wants to share her story to help raise awareness of the benefits of a gender-balanced, visionary approach to leadership.
Burcin is not afraid to shatter glass ceilings and has become a vocal advocate for supporting women to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
International Women’s Day is a global holiday celebrated annually on March 8 as a focal point in the women’s rights movement, bringing attention to issues such as gender equality, reproductive rights, and violence & abuse against women.
In this “Paving the Way for Women in Business & Celebrating IWD 2023” episode with Burcin Ressamoglu on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words human resources mean to you?
- Tell us a little about your journey as a female to become CEO.
- Why are you passionate about celebrating and bringing awareness to International Women’s Day?
- What happened when you challenged diversity and gender imbalances in the C-Suite?
- Why is it important we encourage young women’s empowerment for gender equality?
- What key insights have you learned during your career to date?
- Why is it vital to strive for diversity and inclusion in the workplace?
- What initiatives have you taken to ensure women are represented in leadership positions?
- What are the unique benefits of having more women in leadership positions?
- What advice would you give to women looking to break into the C-suite?
- What strategies have you implemented to ensure that women’s voices and perspectives, regardless of role or seniority, are heard and respected?
- How have you seen the role of women in the workplace evolve?
- What challenges do you think to persist in the workplace?
- What advice would you give for creating meaningful and lasting change for women?
Links highlighted in this “Paving the Way for Women in Business & Celebrating IWD 2023” episode are included below:
- Website: https://www.sodexoengage.com/
- Burcin Ressamoglu LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/burcin-ressamoglu-ab37664/
- IWD social media package: https://trello.com/b/logUe0oc/iwd2023
- Sodexo Engage’s new research report: https://www.sodexoengage.com/mountain-of-lost-benefits
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Remember, If you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an #HRvacancy that you would love some specialist #humanresources #hragency support with, please contact me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!