Why aren’t HR Leaders the CEO with Steve McIntosh #76
In the episode, Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Former CareerPoint CEO Steve McIntosh. Steve is a business owner, chartered accountant and HR professional with 17 years of experience running a recruitment firm!
Steven began his career with the global accounting firm KPMG, and then when he qualified as a chartered accountant, he transferred to the Cayman Islands in September 2001.
In 2004 Steve founded the financial services recruitment firm CML, which became one of the most successful recruitment firms in the Caribbean region.
Inspired by a passion for helping people and companies perform at their best, he dedicated himself to the study and practice of Human Resources, qualifying in 2013 as a Global Professional in HR (GPHR, HRCI).
Now, as CEO at CareerPoint, an online coaching platform whose two-part mission is to help a million young people advance in their careers and level the playing field for underrepresented groups.
Today find out why HR is often the most undervalued function in every business. Stay tuned to find out why…
In this “Why aren’t HR Leaders the CEO” episode with Steve McIntosh on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words Human Resources mean to you?
- Your book titled: ‘The Employee Value Curve 1.0’ – tell me more about the book.
- What is “the unifying theory of Human Resources”?
- Why does HR Needs a Theoretical Framework?
- Every employee generates cost and value fundamental to the Employee Value Curve framework. Why?
- Why is the value added by an employee not necessarily related to their seniority?
- Why aren’t HR leaders the CEO if people are the company’s backbone?
- What are the overlooked drivers of both company and employee value?
- Why can a great hire vastly outweigh the cost of a recruitment agency fee?
- What are the five main challenges of working remotely?
- How can we overcome these challenges to advance our careers?
- Companies/employees don’t understand the need for career advancement coaching and programs. Why is this?
- At CareerPoint, your mission was to help a million young people advance their careers – what motivated this mission?
Links highlighted in this “Why aren’t HR Leaders the CEO” episode are included below:
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cmlstevemcintosh/
- Download Steven’s eBook on Amazon: eBook
- Website: www.CareerPoint.com
- Newsroom & Advisory Board Announcement
- Medium Article: https://medium.com/authority-magazine/remote-career-development-steve-mcintosh-of-careerpoint-on-how-to-advance-and-enhance-your-career-9d0023944ffb
- Learn more in this TrepSess story
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support – please also get in touch with me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – at 01727 800 377
Please remember to share this #HRPodcast with all your HR colleagues, like it and subscribe to it if you can! Also, all reviews are hugely appreciated!
Thanks for listening! I look forward to releasing the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!