The HR L&D Podcast: The Speed of Trust & HR Leadership with Stephen M. R. Covey #35 (Video)
Stephen M. R. Covey is the New York Times and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of “The Speed of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything”, which has been translated into 22 languages and has sold over 2 million copies worldwide.
He is also the co-author of the #1 Amazon bestseller Smart Trust.
Stephen brings to his writings the perspective of a practitioner, as he is the former President & CEO of the Covey Leadership Center, where he increased shareholder value by 67 times (from £2.4 million to £160 million) and grew the company to become the largest leadership development firm in the world.
A Harvard MBA, Stephen co-founded and currently leads FranklinCovey’s Global Speed of Trust Practice.
He serves on numerous boards, including the Government Leadership Advisory Council, and he has been recognized with the lifetime Achievement Award for “Top Thought Leaders in Trust” from the advocacy group, Trust Across America/Trust Around the World.
Stephen is a highly sought-after international speaker, who has taught trust and leadership in 55 countries to business, government, military, education, healthcare, and NGO entities.
In this “The Speed of Trust & HR Leadership” episode with Stephen M. R. Covey on The HR L&D Podcast, questions asked include:
- Developing trust is going to be the key subject for today’s podcast and I think it is especially relevant for those working in senior leadership or HR-related positions right now as organisations strive to maintain engagement, relevancy and stay ahead of the digital curve. So is trust a learnable skill?
- You say in your book that “Trust is a hard-edged, economic driver” – what do you mean by this?
- What HR initiatives do you see trust impacting the most?
- Is trust earned or is trust given?
- You say in your book that “Trust is the new currency of our interdependent, collaborative world” – is it possible then to restore trust when it has been lost?
- You have a chapter in the book which talks about how “Families are organisations too” – I love this concept. We spend more time at work than with our own families, so can you bring this concept to life for our listeners in relation to Trust?
- Right now as many businesses evolve to working from home models of management, which requires trust for them to work optimally, what are the four questions you like to ask organisations that you state in your book, often result in “A-Ha” moments as a result!
- Where is leadership going?
- What’s the next “big thing?” in the world of HR and Learning & Development?
Links highlighted in this “The Speed of Trust & HR Leadership ” episode are included below:
- Website: https://www.franklincovey.com/
- Speed of Trust Audio Book
- Get the Book – The Speed of Trust
- LinkedIn Profile: Stephen M. R. Covey
- Twitter Profile: Stephen M. R. Covey
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Listen on Podbean
- Top 30 UK HR Podcasts
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon