28 Years of Changing Payroll Landscapes with Maria Mason #45
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast sofa by Maria Mason, UK Director of Payroll Services at BDO, the UK’s fifth-largest accountancy and advisory firm to talk about how the payroll landscape has changed over the last 28 years.
We discuss technology, the impact of COVID-19, Processes, Qualifications and more!
Maria currently leads the UK payroll team within BDO, which consists of over 50 staff members based across four locations in the UK, which include Glasgow, Manchester, Reading and London. Her team provides payroll and HR services to over 1,400 clients, covering all sectors and includes businesses of differing sizes and complexities.
She is passionate about leveraging technology to manage the areas surrounding payroll processing, supporting her clients to implement systems and processes that can improve security and accuracy. Over the past two years, she has implemented many new systems platforms and robotics and she is also a CIPP intermediate.
In this “28 Years of Changing Payroll Landscapes with Maria Mason of The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What are the main changes you have seen within payroll over the past 28 years?
- How has pandemic affected business?
- How will COVID-19 change payroll?
- Do you think people now expect more from their payroll provision?
- Do you think technology should play a big part in the processing of payroll?
- Will new technology enhancements replace people in payroll?
- How do you see the future of payroll within BDO?
- The profile of profile has been elevated with COVID-19 and introduction of the CJRS etc, placing more focus and importance in the role payroll carries out within businesses, how do we maintain this profile moving forward?
- How can clients stay up to date in all areas of compliance in this ever-changing landscape?
- Why do you think payroll is always at the forefront of change?
- How would you sell payroll as a career?
- One piece of advice Maria would give to someone working in payroll right now!
We hope you enjoy this “28 Years of Changing Payroll Landscapes“ episode of The Payroll Podcast! If you know anyone else who works in payroll, then please, share this episode with your friends and get them to subscribe today!
Links highlighted in this “28 Years of Changing Payroll Landscapes” episode are below:
- BDO’s Payroll Business Services & Outsourcing Services: https://www.bdo.co.uk/en-gb/services/business-services-outsourcing
- BDO COVID-19 resource centre: https://www.bdo.co.uk/en-gb/covid-19
- Maria Mason LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maria-mason-mcippdip-a895768/
- To find out more about JGA Payroll Recruitment Services, please visit: jgarecruitment.com
- To contact the host, Nick Day, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01727 800 377
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!