Ama Afrifa-Tchie, Head of People, Wellbeing & Equity at Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England joins Nick Day, Founder of JGA Recruitment Group to discuss the impact Working From Home is having on our mental health in the new world of work. Ama is a valiant cultural builder whose specialism spans people’s experience, workplace culture, diversity & inclusion, mental health and well-being, and corporate responsibility and in this episode, she brings a number of fascinating insights into how WFH is affecting Mental Health.
A Return to Work Mindfully Guide (Post Covid-19)
Tips on improving wellbeing, mental health and wellness to help prepare
for our return to work post-lockdown – A guide for employees & employers
Download Here: Return-To-Work-Mindfully-Guide.pdf (385 downloads)
Produced by JGA Recruitment, specialist Payroll & HR Recruitment & Search Experts.
If you need support with a payroll or HR vacancy or if you requiore support to locate your next great career opportunity, then please get in touch!
01727 800 377
Managing Mental Health in a Crisis with Jazz Pitt – #040
Nick Day sits down with Jazz Pitt is a certified Life Coach to talk about managing mental health in a crisis.
Jazz works with Professionals and employees to reignite and prioritise their happiness. She has a BSc Honours in Business and is currently training as an NLP practitioner
Her website is www.jazzpitt.com and she has extensive experience of working with overworked professionals (which let’s be honest is 99% of the payroll profession) as well as vulnerable adults and suicidal individuals.
Jazz now inspires others to realise their own power, achieve happiness and life success. Her story has inspired lots of individuals to leap forward to achieve the results they desire, and we will find out a little bit more about her story later on in the podcast.
Managing your mental health in a crisis.
Let Jazz Pitt, a certified Life Coach, help you to master your happiness during this COVID19 crisis. We might be living in unprecedented times, but that doesn’t mean there are not methods, perspectives, processes and mindfulness techniques we cannot utilise to help us all navigate these choppy waters more successfully.
To visit any of the links mentioned in this Managing Mental Health in a Crisis with Jazz Pitt episode please see below:
- Jazz Pitt LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/-jazz-pitt-life-coach/a
- Jazz Pitt Website: https://www.jazzpitt.com/
- To find out more about JGA Payroll Recruitment Services, please visit: jgarecruitment.com
- To contact the host, Nick Day, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01727 800 377
- Sane Line: sane.org.uk
- The Samaritanssamaritans.org
- Support Line: supportline.org.uk
- CAROL DWECK – GROWTH MINDSET: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiiEeMN7vbQ
Of course, if during these times of crisis, you need support with either immediate temporary support to help with Furlough calculations or if you need support recruiting a permanent payroll member of staff – please also get in touch with me! We have access to full work from home recruitment technology including video interviewing capability to help you recruit and onboard staff remotely.
You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – 07807094734
Please Download or Subscribe to The Payroll Podcast today!
Thanks for Listening!
The Dark Side and the Good Side of HR – with Emma Wynne #014
Nick Day from JGA HR Recruitment is joined on the HR L&D Podcast by Emma Wynne, Managing Director of GatewayHR, an incredibly successful service provider of outsourced Human Resources Functions to talk about the dark side of HR and the good side of HR. GatewayHR offer a full suite of HR services ranging from people management and development solutions to audits, mediation services, and engagement surveys and more!
In particular, we discuss:
- Managing Employee Engagement
- Managing Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Multi-generational Workforce Management
- Personable HR
- Improving happiness at work.
Emma started GatewayHR in 2007 and she possesses an MA in HR Management and has lectured at the University of Northampton and the CIPD at Master’s Degree level and she often presents at conferences across the UK!
In this “The Dark Side and the Good Side of HR” episode of the HR L&D Podcast with Emma Wynne, we discover:
- Emma’s personal journey that led to her launching GatewayHR
- What is the ‘Dark side of HR‘ and what is the ‘Good side of HR’?
- Managing employee engagement better, what good engagement looks like and the steps a business can take to achieve it?
- The lessons we can learn from bad managers!
- How can we better engage Millennials?
- How working environments can affect staff engagement, mental health and wellbeing?
- Are businesses paying enough attention to Mental Health?
- What companies can do to help promote and create an open environment in relation to Mental Health?
- What are the signs we need to look out for and if we suspect an employee us suffering from a mental health issue?
- Are businesses doing enough to promote multi-generational workforces?
- The benefits multi-generational approaches provide to a business
To find out more about Emma Wynne and the links referred to in this “Aligning Culture with Community, Leadership & Profits” episode are highlighted below:
- Connect with Emma Wynne on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/emmawynnehr/
- For more information about GatewayHR: http://www.gatewayhr.com
- JGA HR recruitment Services (HR Recruitment Services)
- Nick Day – firstname.lastname@example.org (Contact the HR L&D Podcast Host)
- Nick Day: Linkedin Profile
Subscribe the HR L&D Podcast: Apple Podcasts| Android | Email | Soundcloud | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
A word from the host, Nick Day…
We are not a generalist recruiter – we are an HR boutique recruiter. We focus on quality, not quantity and we place all levels of HR professional from HR Advisors through to Global HR Directors.
If you have read this far, I hope you trust that HR recruitment, best practice and is providing service excellence are all areas I am immensely passionate about – which is why I would love the opportunity to work with you if you have an HR-related vacancy that requires the support of a genuine HR recruitment specialist. Contact me today on Nick@jgarecruitment.com / 01727 800 377
I can’t wait to partner with you!
Tel: 01727 800 377.
Wealth Creation & Wellness with Om Suthar #009
Today, Nick Day of JGA HR Recruitment is joined on the HR L&D Podcast by Om Suthar, Founder of SQRL, a wellness and wealth creation platform that allows employers to advocate for the physical and financial wellness for their employees.
It is also a new way for employees to invest in their own physical and financial well-being in one-place using Om’s new Wellness and Wealth Creation platform, SQRL. Om developed this wellness and wealth creation solution when he started to notice inconsistencies between employer, employee and healthcare benefits. These inconsistencies inspired him to found SQRL, a reaction to the current state of corporate wellness programs. Om wants to disrupt the industry with SQRL because he believes that employees should have access to products and education as a part of their overall financial wellbeing strategy.
If you are recruiting talent as a small business owner or an HR professional and you want to have benefits to attract the talent you deserve, you have two options: provide a wellness program or provide nothing. For candidates who are interested in workplace wellness, having such programs can be a deal-breaker.
Om is creating a third option for business owners and candidates alike with his app. He can really speak to the need for accessible wellness programs for candidates at all levels of their career search — as well as businesses at different stages.
In this “Wealth Creation and Wellness” episode of the HR L&D Podcast with Om Suthar we discover:
- What led Om to develop the SQRL app which is focused on improving wellness and wealth creation?
- How does SQRL help equip and inspire people to take their physical and financial health into their own hands.?
- Why should HR professionals be making wellness and wealth creation part of all companies’ cultures?
- The reasons why Om believes physical and emotional wellness, as well as wealth creation, should form part of an employer’s responsibility
- The psychology of motivation and Om’s findings
- What is the value of holistic wellness in terms of performance and mental health
- Will we start to see an increase in fitness or wellness apps that motivate its users through financial incentives.
- Why wellness is good for both Candidates and Employers alike?
To find out more about Om Suthar and the links referred to in this “Wealth Creation and Wellness” episode are highlighted below:
- The SQRL App
- About Om Suthar
- JGA HR Recruitment Services
- Contact the host, Nick Day – email@example.com
Subscribe the HR L&D Podcast:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
A word from the host, Nick Day…
The HR L&D Podcast is hosted by me, Nick Day, Managing Director of JGA HR Recruitment.
I will be upfront and say that I would love to help you if you have an HR recruitment requirement that needs the assistance of a niche recruiter.
I hope this podcast production helps demonstrate that we are very serious about all matters related to both HR and L&D. We are not a generalist recruiter – we are a boutique. We focus on quality, not quantity and that’s because we aim to provide nothing less than a value-added experience! Trust us with your next HR or L&D vacancy, and we won’t let you down.
Still not convinced?
Look, we know you probably get approached all the time by many different recruiters. However, if you have read this far, I would like to think you believe I can help you. To get you over the line with a commitment, if you contact me and quote “The HR L&D Podcast” I will provide you with a 20% discount on all of our Terms of business. Contact me today on Nick@jgarecruitment.com / 01727 800 377
In the meantime, I would also like to offer you some gifts by way of some free expert-level HR whitepapers.
Find out more by visiting us at jamesgray.wpengine.com.
I can’t wait to partner with you!
Tel: 01727 800 377.
“Killing Payday Loans through Payroll” – This episode of The Payroll Podcast is with Peter Briffett, CEO and Co-Founder of Wagestream.
Payday Loans are a reality for many of the 13 million Brits living in poverty right now and it is a constant cycle. Too many people are living payday-to-payday which results in high-stress, anxiety and often, high-cost credit.
Peter is the man behind the start-up business, Wagestream which promises will kill off the payday loan sector and end the ‘payday loans poverty cycle’. Wagestream aims to achieve this by working with employers to give its employees the power to stream their earned wages into their accounts whenever they need it through a simple, instant app – effectively ending the need for people to take on high-cost short-term payday loans when they face unexpected financial obligations. But how does it work? Find out by listening in to this episode of the Payroll Podcast…
Peter’s businesses have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 Ones to Watch, WIRED Europe’s 100 Hottest Start-ups and Forbes Hottest Global Start-ups and have achieved numerous awards.
Wagestream, Peter’s latest business that aims to kill the payday loans and end the poverty pay cycle has already received praise from Zuckerberg, Bezos & Gates who, following the collapse of Wonga Payday Loans; decided to back Wagestream as a better and more ethical alternative which eliminates the need for people with bad credit to rely on loans with predatory interest rates.
Peter’s business Wagestream are offering a “next-gen” payroll solution with a credible mission statement which is to eliminate the payday poverty cycle. Exactly how this is achieved, we will discover during the course of this podcast but suffice to say, Wagestream essential allow employees to have the flexibility to stream their earned wages into their accounts whenever they need or want it.
In this “Killing Payday Loans through Payroll ” episode of the Payroll Podcast, we discover
- How Wagestream intends to kill of payday loans and end the poverty pay cycle?
- If employees have access to pay earlier in the payment cycle, could this affect their ability to budget correctly, leaving them short for when the end-of-the-month rent or mortgage payment is due?
- How does the Wagestream application work and how does it provide employees with instant payroll capabilities without placing additional debt or financial burden on the employee?
- What impact could Wagestream have on Payroll departments’ day-to-day workload?
- Will Wagestream affect the way payslips are distributed?
- How can Wagestream help improve employer performance in relation to Mental Health?
- Why employers have a corporate responsibility to help employees in debt and assist with ending the payday loan cyle?
- How should payroll managers approach implementing new technology such as Wagestream?
- How has Wagestream managed to boost motivation, productivity and improving employee retention?
- Can Wagestream help with recruitment or brand attraction?
- How complicated is it for a payroll manager or business owner to implement the Wagestream solution?
Access the websites and links referred to in this “Killing Payday Loans through Payroll “ episode below:
- Peter Briffett LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peterbriffett
- To contact JGA Payroll Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.jamesgray.wpengine.com
THE PAYROLL PODCAST. A NICHE PODCAST FOR A NICHE PROFESSION. SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
The Payroll Podcast was the first podcast produced exclusively for the UK and broader global payroll community, and we have one primary aim. This aim is to speak with payroll industry experts that can help us to cut through complex International payroll legislation, technology solutions and International compliance affecting global payroll operations and teams so that you, as a payroll professional, can utilise this expertise to improve your own payroll department.
We journey through subjects complex payroll issues ranging from killing Payday loans to GDPR; Robotic Process Automation; Payroll News, Blockchain Technology to Artificial Intelligence; Wellbeing to Compliance; Payroll Control Frameworks to International Payroll Legislation and more! Discover how training, workplace psychology and career planning can also impact on your payroll operation. This Payroll Podcast attempts to tackle all of these subjects with industry leading expertise and a little bit of humour too!
We live in a competitive world with dynamic global workforces and rapidly advancing technologies. Let’s embrace these changes and develop strategies together to raise the profile of payroll worldwide. Subscribe to the Payroll Podcast today and never miss a future episode.
In the meantime, if you have any Payroll recruitment requirements that JGA Payroll Recruitment Services can assist with, please do reach out to me at Nick@jgarecruitment.com and quote “The Payroll Podcast” to receive a 20% discount on all Terms of business). Contact us today to find out more | Tel: 01727 800 377 | Email Nick@jgarecruitment.com
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Soundcloud | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
We need your support!
This Payroll Podcast is a niche podcast, therefore, if you like the show, please subscribe to it, review it (on iTunes) and please, please share it with as many of your payroll colleagues as possible!
Finally, My name is Nick Day and I am a specialist Payroll Recruiter. If you need support with any payroll related vacancy, please get in touch as I would love to help. If you quote “The Payroll Podcast” I will give you 20% discount on our JGA Recruitment Terms of business.
Contact me today to find out more.
Tel: 01727 800 377.
Helen Patterson, is a #HumanFirst Workplace Expert with an in-depth knowledge of employer culture, brand and program strategy who has previously held senior Payroll positions at ADP Canada, Thomson Reuters, CIBC, ADP, FootLocker, Champs and The Northern Group. This is the last episode of The Payroll Podcast prior to Christmas so I hope you enjoy it!
At ADP Canada. Helen helped develop its Payroll & HR products and services. Helen has also been a representative on two Canadian government committees with the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA), where she helped shape changes to payroll legislation that impacted payroll providers and employers alike.
Helen is an expert when it comes to developing best practices for building client and user-friendly Payroll & HR tools. She believes every employee has the right to feel valued and with Mental Health issues related to stress and work on the rise, Helen in response developed a #HumanFirst mantra. She now applies this philosophy to everything she does. Subsequently, Helen now works as a consultant, contributing author and blogger covering all areas of Payroll & HR and she also runs a small consultancy called “Life Works Well” that helps organizations create high-performance, people-focused workplaces.
Helen is now a sought-after speaker, engaging a captive audience at DisruptHR, CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) and HRPA’s annual conferences and in this episode, we find out more about exactly how Payroll & HR practices differ in Canada from the way we process here in the UK. We also discover what the similar nuances are too!
A huge advocate for promoting women in leadership and motherhood in the workplace – we discover her views on what businesses can do to embrace motherhood in the workplace and we learn first-hand why this is an aspect of Helen’s life that she is hugely passionate about because ultimately, businesses can do a lot more…
In this episode of The Payroll Podcast, we also explore Helen’s passions and mentorship skills, work-life and caregiving strategies and how she achieves her focus of helping employers develop strategies that can support employees to enable them to manage their life and work challenges more effectively.
If you are a Payroll Leader who is interested in finding out more about how to embed and develop engaged employer cultures, people-focused workplaces and high performing payroll teams and operations then this is the Podcast for you!
Helen’s mantra is #HumanFirst and she brings this vision to her client’s while enjoying some fun at the same time! Enjoy the Podcast!
For now, may I also take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2019!
We hope you enjoy this ‘A Human First Approach to Payroll & HR’ episode of The Payroll Podcast! If you know anyone else who works in payroll, then please, share this episode with your friends and get them to subscribe today!
- To discover more about Helen Patterson, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lifeworkswell/
- To find out more about Helen’s “Life Works Well” COnsultancy, visit: http://hp.lifeworkswell.ca/
- Helen’s Twitter / Facebook Profile: @HelenPatterson019
- To find out more about the Canadian Payroll Association, visit: https://www.payroll.ca/
- To find out more about ADP Canada, visit: www.adp.ca/Payroll/Canada
- To find out more about JGA Payroll Recruitment Services, please visit: www.jamesgray.wpengine.com
THE PAYROLL PODCAST. A NICHE PODCAST FOR A NICHE PROFESSION. SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
The Payroll Podcast has one primary aim. To cut through the complex global payroll legislation, technology and compliance issues that affect payroll operations and to provide practical advice that you can implement immediately to improve your payroll department. We aim to take our listeners on a journey through subjects complex payroll issues ranging from GDPR, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain Technology and Artificial Intelligence to, Global payroll compliance, payroll control frameworks, workplace psychology and payroll career planning. We try to do it with a little bit of humour and with content that I truly hope will help you to improve your payroll function for the better!
Featuring leading industry experts, we interview Payroll Business Owners, Global Payroll Directors, Payroll Trainers, Payroll Managers, Payroll Software Professionals, Wellness-at-Work Practitioners, HR Directors, CEO’s, Recruiters and even Talent and Leadership Psychologists!
The Payroll Podcast is a niche podcast, so if you like the show, please subscribe to it, review it (on iTunes) and please, please share it with as many of your payroll colleagues as possible!
If you wish to get involved with The Payroll Podcast or indeed if you would like to suggest a topic or tell us what you think about it, then please email me at Nick@jgarecruitment.com – I would love to hear from you!