How Neuroscience can help HR and L&D with Simon Ashton #25
Nick Day meets with Simon Ashton, a business psychologist, trainer and certified coach and head of Learning & Development at Phoenix Leaders. Simon possesses over 15 years’ experience in L&D and at Phoenix Leaders, Simon works with clients across a broad range of sectors to solve their L&D issues by applying the most up to date research from the fields of neuroscience, psychology, anthropology, social sciences. With both an academic and professional background in behavioural sciences, Simon helps organisations gain a better understanding of how people act, think and feel, transforming performance and maximising potential to achieve tangible business outcomes.
Prior to joining Phoenix Leaders, Simon headed up his own L&D consultancy and has previously held a number of roles in the executive search field. Simon holds an MSc in Business Psychology and is accredited by the British Psychological Society as a psychometric assessment practitioner.
In this “How Neuroscience can help HR and L&D with Simon Ashton” podcast episode, we discover:
- How neuroscience can help HR, Payroll and L&D – especially in terms of leadership!
- How can neuroscience help us to gain a deeper understanding of emotional responses?
- How can the understanding of neuroscience improve employee engagement and productivity levels?
- How can labelling emotions reduce the activation of the amygdala, the part of the brain associated with anxiety and avoidance behaviour?
- How can healthy workplace relationships stimulate and motivate our brains?
- How do brain glucose levels impact memory, attention and problem-solving?
- What has been the impact of the Coronavirus on leadership resilience?
- How to handle uncertainty in this new age of Information and technology?
- How to achieve a well-rounded employee wellbeing strategy?
Check out the links highlighted in this episode below:
- Phoenix Leaders: https://phoenixleaders.co.uk/
- Simon Ashton’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-ashton-b5275b13b/
- How to achieve a well-rounded employee wellbeing strategy Article on LinkedIn: https://www.hrreview.co.uk/analysis/simon-ashton-achieving-a-well-rounded-employee-wellbeing-strategy/124140
- The ABC Technique referenced in this episode by Simon: The ABC Technique for Stress Management
- The Chimp Parad0x, referenced in the Podcast by Simon: The Chimp Paradox on Amazon
- JGA HR Recruitment: jgarecruitment.com
- Contact the HR L&D Podcast Host: Nick@jgarecruitment.com
Subscribe the HR L&D Podcast: Apple Podcasts| Android | Email | RSS | More
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D professional listening to this podcast and you have an HR, HRIS or L&D related vacancy that you would love some specialist HR recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me!
I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!