Elaine has a long career in the payroll industry and is a regular guest speaker at many industry-leading events and conferences.
Elaine began her career training as an accountant before she caught the payroll bug. She became the HR & Payroll Services Manager for Carlsberg Tetley, where she became responsible for a sizeable Global payroll and pensions operation.
Elaine’s passion for payroll led her to join the CIPP, where she enjoyed an exciting 16-year career working initially as a payroll trainer, to leading the Policy and Research area, where she was involved in numerous Government consultations on behalf of members. Elaine then progressed to leading the Qualifications area culminating in her becoming Education Director, where she had responsibility for supporting the CIPP CEO with future strategy.
Elaine has also been a CIPP tutor at both under and postgraduate levels. She also coordinated and developed learning programmes to the Master level, helping to put payroll on the educational map!
As you will soon discover, Elaine brings a real passion for developing others, leading her to set up her consultancy – People Transformations Ltd (PTL).
Her ethos is to see people flourish. She is passionate about supporting managers and leaders to improve, so she now focuses on supporting leaders to help them realise their true potential.
In this “Improving Payroll Leadership” episode with Elaine Gibson on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word payroll mean to you?
- Why is “improving leadership” so important and necessary?
- What do you consider to be your top 3 leadership challenges?
- What do leaders need to consider before addressing these challenges?
- How can leaders manage problematic behaviour?
- What are the consequences of not facing up to a leadership issue?
- What is the best way to manage a workforce or team resistant to change?
- Can you share an example of how you addressed leadership challenges?
- Do you believe there is enough focus on developing leadership skills within payroll?
- How do you view the future of leadership within payroll?
Links highlighted in this “Getting The Best From Your Leadership Team” episode are included below:
- People Transformations Ltd Website: https://www.peopletransformations.co.uk/
- Elaine Gibson’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/elaine-gibson-msc-chfcipp-fhea-mcmi-84a4bb11/
- Elaine Gibson’s Email: [email protected]
- Nick Day LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickday/
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not ask your HR Team to check out our other show The HR L&D Podcast?
Remember, if you are a #Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy requiring specialist payroll recruitment support, please get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what an excellent payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach me directly at [email protected] or call 01727 800377
Find out more at: www.jgarecruitment.com.
Thanks for listening! I hope you enjoyed this episode of The Payroll Podcast, and I look forward to bringing you the next episode soon!