Are Payroll Robots Going to Take Over? With Mike Walsh #034
Nick Day from JGA Payroll Recruitment is joined by Futurist and global nomad Mike Walsh who has synthesised years of research and interviews with some of the world’s top business leaders, AI pioneers and data scientists into a set of “10 principles about what it takes to succeed in the “payroll algorithmic age”.
His book, The Algorithmic Leader, offers a hopeful and practical guide for leaders of all types, and organisations of all sizes to help them to survive and thrive in this era of unprecedented change and this is something we will be learning much more about during this podcast.
Mike’s clients include many of the global Fortune 500, and he is a sought-after keynote speaker who regularly shares the stage with world leaders and business icons alike. He has delivered nearly 1,000 keynote speeches around the world and his best-selling book Futuretainment, published by Phaidon, was the winner of the design award by the Art Director’s Club in New York
Each week, Mike interviews provocative thinkers, innovators and troublemakers on his podcast, Between Worlds so I am delighted to be able to welcome such an experienced professional to This Payroll Podcast
Mike’s newest book, The Algorithmic Leader, presents a pragmatic guide for future leaders and is based on many of the fascinating people Mike has met and interacted with over the years from Jack Ma (founder of Alibaba) to Reid Hoffman (founder of LinkedIn), as well as the next generation of entrepreneurs whose companies may end up shaping the future of the world we live in.
In this “Are Payroll Robots Going to Take Over?” Episode of the Payroll Podcast, we discover:
- The critical advice Mike would give to payroll leaders who want to harness the power of AI and succeed where others have failed.
- Are we prepared for automation, algorithms and AI and what will it mean for the future of work, leadership, and creativity?
- Should payroll professionals be fearful of automation?
- How will AI affect Smart payroll decision making?
- How will AI change payroll jobs?
- Discover Mike’s Vision for a “new leadership model” and the 10 principles every leader needs to know to survive and thrive in the algorithmic age
- What is, does it mean to be an algorithmic leader?
- Is it ever too late for an older “analogue” company to make the changes necessary to succeed in the algorithmic age?
- What will life like in 2030?
- The one piece of advice Mike would give to someone embarking on a data-driven payroll career?
- How can we continue to stay smart when the machines around us are smarter than us?
Also listen out for an exclusive competition where you can win a signed copy of Mike’s latest Book “The Algorithmic Leader: How to Be Smart When Machines Are Smarter Than You”. Listen to the podcast and then answer this question: If Mike was given any super-power – what would it be? Email your answer to email@example.com, and the winner will be publicly announced on LinkedIn!
To find out more about Mike Walsh or his book then the links referred to in this episode “Are Payroll Robots Going to Take Over?” are highlighted below:
- Purchase a copy of the book featured in this Payroll Podcast titled: The Algorithmic Leader: How to Be Smart When Machines Are Smarter Than You
- Follow Mike Walsh on Twitter: @mikewalsh
- Follow Mike on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikewalsh
- Futuretainment: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Futuretainment-Yesterday-World-Changed-Your/dp/0714848751
- Between Worlds Podcast: https://www.mike-walsh.com/podcast
- Video about Mike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p61CPRS3kZo
- How leaders at Amazon make smart decisions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DFhEJVG5z8
- How AI will change your job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTyOODhE8WU
- What algorithmic leaders can learn from the United crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN0u24-TB9k
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
We need your support!
This Payroll Podcast is a niche non-for-profit podcast created with the intention of raising the profile of the payroll industry, therefore, if you like the show, please subscribe to it, review it (on iTunes or #ApplePodcasts) and please, please share it with as many of your payroll colleagues as possible!
Finally, My name is Nick Day and I am a specialist Payroll Recruiter. If you need support with any payroll related vacancy, please get in touch as I would love to help. If you quote “The Payroll Podcast” I will give you 20% discount on our JGA Recruitment Terms of business.
Contact me today to find out more.
Tel: 01727 800 377.
THE PAYROLL PODCAST. A NICHE PODCAST FOR A NICHE PROFESSION. SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
The Payroll Podcast was the first podcast produced exclusively for the UK and broader global payroll community, and we have one primary aim. This aim is to speak with payroll industry experts that can help us to cut through complex International payroll legislation, technology solutions and International compliance affecting global payroll operations and teams so that you, as a payroll professional, can utilise this expertise to improve your own payroll department.
We journey through subjects complex payroll issues ranging from killing Payday loans to GDPR; Robotic Process Automation; Payroll News, Blockchain Technology to Artificial Intelligence; Wellbeing to Compliance; Payroll Control Frameworks to International Payroll Legislation and more! Discover how training, workplace psychology and career planning can also impact on your payroll operation. This Payroll Podcast attempts to tackle all of these subjects with industry-leading expertise and a little bit of humour too!
Subscribe to the Payroll Podcast today and never miss a future episode.
In the meantime, if you have any Payroll recruitment requirements that JGA Payroll Recruitment Services can assist with, please do reach out to me at Nick@jgarecruitment.com and quote “The Payroll Podcast” to receive a 20% discount on all Terms of business). Contact us today to find out more | Tel: 01727 800 377 | Email Nick@jgarecruitment.com