Payroll Question Time: New Legislation & The Pay on Demand Debate #61
Listen to this special episode of the Payroll Podcast and join SD Worx for May’s Payroll Question Time, with host Nick Day, CEO at JGA Recruitment Group. Listen to the expert payroll panel, as they explore all the key issues affecting the world of payroll!
The Panel discuss the new tax year for 2021/22, the EU Settlement Scheme, IR35 and we debate the latest trend in payroll that everyone is talking about – Pay on Demand.
We break down all the latest changes in legislation and field the payroll community’s burning questions through our live Q&A.
In this episode we explore:
- The EU Settlement Scheme – the right to work
- IR35 – how is it settling in?
- Pay On-Demand (implications on contracts, tax, & universal credit)
- Gender and Ethnicity Pay Gap
- Alabaster ruling – Brexit
- Hot topics of the day.
- Simon Parsons, Director UK Compliance Strategies at SD Worx
- Lou Gray, Head of Transitions and Operations at EY Absolute
- Samantha Mann, Payroll Legislation Consultant at Armstrong Watson Payroll & Employee Services
- Kirsty Rogers, Partner, Employment at DWF Law LLP
- Jon Keeble, Partner, Employment at DWF Law LLP
- Andy Nicholls, Industry Liaison Manager at The Pensions Regulator
Our new Payroll Question Time host
Nick Day, MD at JGA Recruitment. Nick is a leading authority on issues that affect HR and payroll, and is also the host of two popular podcast shows The HR L&D Podcast and The Payroll Podcast.
Who should watch?
All payroll and HR professionals working within the private sector, for mid-market and enterprise organisations.
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon