The Journey to Payroll Directorship with Steve Bevan #89
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast sofa by Director of Worldwide Payroll at Trellix, Steve Bevan!
Steve is an experienced Director Of Payroll, skilled in Employee Benefits Design, Deferred Compensation, Payroll, and Payroll Process Improvement and transformation.
Steve has had an accomplished payroll career working for some of the world’s biggest brands, including Apple, Itron, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Gilead Sciences and Dell, to name a few, and he has held a global payroll remit since 2008.
Steve became one of the very few payroll professionals to secure a payroll directorship title in 2018, and this is a journey we will be exploring more during the course of this podcast.
Steve also possesses a degree in Applied Business and Finance from the University of Derby. Steve Bevan, who has achieved Payroll Directorship status at Trellix, talks to Nick Day about getting to the top of the payroll profession!
In this “The Journey to Payroll Directorship” episode with Steve Bevan on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word payroll mean to you?
- Steve Bevan’s journey from Threshers Group in 1993 to Worldwide Payroll Director today!
- Are payroll directors just titles?
- Do payroll director-led roles come with director-level responsibilities?
- How does the Director of Payroll role differ from other titles such as Global Head of Payroll or Senior Manager of Global Payroll?
- Why do Director Payroll titles benefit the profession?
- Is leadership a skill that payroll professionals should focus on?
- What critical deliverables can a payroll director bring to a corporate boardroom?
- How long will it be until businesses talk about payroll directors in the same way as HR directors or Finance directors?
- What does the future of payroll look like?
- Finally, what advice would you give to others keen to become payroll directors in the future?
- Steve Bevan’s 5 top tips for accelerating your payroll career journey?
Links highlighted in this “The Journey to Payroll Directorship” episode are included below:
- Steve Bevan LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-bevan-ba-hons-fcipp-62a7598/
- Trellix (The future of cybersecurity): https://www.trellix.com/en-us/index.html
- Nick Day LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickday/
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not ask your HR Team to check out our other show The HR L&D Podcast?
Of course, if you are a Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – at 01727 800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I hope you enjoyed this Payroll Podcast, and I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast soon!