Preparedness, Leadership, & Finding Your Why with Claire Chandler #43
Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Claire Chandler, President & Founder of Talent Boost!
Now, with more than half of new leaders failing within their first 18 months due to a lack of preparedness, Claire Chandler is a qualified HR leadership expert who helps companies implement a repeatable, scalable system that turns new leaders into performance accelerators by helping them to find their “Why”.
Claire fixes the “plug and pray” method of deploying talent so that companies can become revenue-generating machines. Sometimes this can involve substituting what businesses perceive to be the “best” talent for the right talent!
The President and Founder of Talent Boost, Claire leverages over 25 years of experience in people leadership, human resources, and business owners to boost leadership alignment and effectiveness. She has extensive expertise in organizational effectiveness, executive coaching, leadership development, communication strategy, employment branding, succession management, employee onboarding and engagement, talent pipelines, and strategic planning.
Claire is also the author of The Whirlpool Effect: Inspire the FLOW that Boosts Company Performance and co-author of Leading Beyond A Crisis: A Conversation About What’s Next.
In this “Preparedness, Leadership, & Finding Your Why” episode with Claire Chandler on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- Claire, tell us about yourself and your experience that has led you to where you are today?
- How can people become performance accelerators, to be more prepared?
- How can “finding your why” help leaders boost performance?
- In your latest book, you state that many leaders fail at an alarming rate because they trip over the same 3 land mines. What are they and why do so many leaders fail?
- How can companies find the best candidates for their leadership roles?
- Is there a disconnect between HR and the people they are placing in leadership roles?
- What is one action L&D professionals can take today to help leaders succeed?
- Why do you think “Finding your why” is so important from a leadership perspective?
- You recently published a new book, The Decision Dashboard. What is it all about?
Links highlighted in this “Preparedness, Leadership, & Finding Your Why” episode are included below:
- Website: www.clairechandler.net
- LinkedIn Profile: Claire Chandler
- To book a discovery call: DiscoveryWithClaire.com
- The Decision Dashboard: samcart.com/products/the-decision-dashboard
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!