7 Principles for Effective DEI Data Gathering with Caroline Drake #47
Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Caroline Drake, Chief People Officer at Award-winning payroll and HR solutions provider, Zellis!
For those not familiar with Zellis, here is a snapshot of the business in numbers
• They pay 5 million employees every month
• £28 bn+ pounds are paid out each year through their Managed Payroll Services
• And over 29% of the FTSE 100 are Zellis customers
These numbers also provide Zellis with access to big data. And, as part of the Zellis vision, which is to be a leader in pay, reward, analytics, and people experiences, they decided to develop a report, in cooperation with the Economist, that was focused on diversity data to determine what it is that is holding back progress in delivering effective, data-led DEI campaigns.
And if you are wondering why a company, largely focused on payroll, decided to commission research on DEI data collection – stay tuned because you are about to find out!
Let’s just say, the results are fascinating!
In this “7 Principles for Effective DEI Data Gathering” episode with Caroline Drake on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What what the inspiration behind the “Time to Act: Seven principles for effective DEI data gathering” report?
- The research report indicates that there is a Diversity Data deficit. What does it mean?
- Why is trust in the employer seemingly so important in making employees comfortable in share data?
- How can companies maintain sensitivity while categorising characteristics?
- How willing were employees to provide data in aid of ED&I programmes?
- How can companies make better use of the data they collect from their employees?
- Why did a company largely focused on payroll commission research on DEI data collection?
- In terms of the findings, what were the Seven principles any company can apply to improve DEI data gathering going forward?
Links highlighted in this “Seven Principles for Effective DEI Data Gathering” episode are included below:
- Caroline Drake’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/caroline-drake-6853a117/
- Zellis Website: https://www.zellis.com/
- Time to Act: https://solutions.zellis.com/time-to-act
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!