Developing Elite Business Performance with Graham Ravenscroft #36
Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Graham Ravenscroft, England Athletics National Coach and Lead Business Performance Coach at human resources and learning and development support businesses, Gateway HR!
Graham is not just an elite business performance coach, he is also someone who has also supported the development of athletes at every major global championship, including the London Olympics! Alongside his business coaching, Graham has worked for England Athletics as a National Coach Mentor for High Jump, where he also develops the skills and experiences of coaches on the National Coach Development Programme to help develop the UK’s best athletics coaches.
During the past 7 years, Graham has also been providing coaching support across many areas of business performance, where he has helped companies to develop a culture of excellence within performance by utilising goal setting, strategic planning, leadership coaching and team building, to maximise team and corporate performance.
Graham also possesses a Level 5 Diploma in Stress management and regularly delivers training on resilience as well as on recognising the signs and symptoms of stress and also how to manage both workplace conditions and people to minimise the risks – something I am sure we can all benefit from following the challenging circumstances COVID-19 has thrust us under during the past 18 months.
In this “Developing Elite Business Performance” episode with Graham Ravenscroft on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- Graham’s background in developing elite business performance and some of his career highlights?
- We define what resilience in the workplace means with examples of where Graham has witnessed resilience in people, teams and organisations.
- We discover how can a lack of resilience negatively impact people and performance.
- We learn what the focus areas are that can help build resilience.
- What explore what Graham considers to be some of the defining characteristics and behaviours of “high performance”?
- After 30 years working for Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service supporting an operational fire station in Kettering, we find out how Graham honed his skills to lead teams in very dynamic, incident response related environments.
- We also talk about his experience coaching the UK finest athletes in his role as a National Coach for England Athletics.
Links highlighted in this “Developing Elite Business Performance” episode are included below:
- Website: https://www.gatewayhr.com/
- LinkedIn Profile: Graham Ravenscroft
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon